Staying at the top

Hi

I know this has been talked about a lot . But I am really hoping that when u get to the top with a team there are still challengers there

Someone said that if u start of as a small team it is a challenge . But once win the league for eg , you have a better chance of winning every time

For example it took me 3 seasons to get newcastle in the top 4

4 - TOP 4

5- TOP 3

6 - WON tittle

7 - WON

8 - WON

9 - WON

Once u get a team up there they will be there for ages , and there will be no other challenges from the other clubs . Hoped this is improved in FM09

Hope it is improved. Once you win the league thats it really. You win pritty much every season there on in. They always say winning the title once is easy. Staying there and defending your title is much harder. Hopefully this happens this year in FM.

I won the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen then finished 22 points behind Bayern Munich the following season. What ya need is to be talentless like me, but some how luck your way to a title. Then the challenges are endless as you endure season after season of mediocrity (well, fighting to finish 2nd) :)

I think the problem is that an average human player is far superior when it comes to buying players, regardless of where you start once you get to number one your squad is likely to get relatively stronger compared to the ai teams rather than the gap being narrowed, hopefully the new transfer module might help solve this, the fact it is so easy to make money also doesnt help.

I think the problem is that an average human player is far superior when it comes to buying players, regardless of where you start once you get to number one your squad is likely to get relatively stronger compared to the ai teams rather than the gap being narrowed, hopefully the new transfer module might help solve this, the fact it is so easy to make money also doesnt help.

I think that is the key to keeping it challenging, try not to buy anyone every season and see how you do!

Archived