Football Manager For Playstation 3

Its Quite Simple, Why Doesnt Football Manager 09 Be Released ON THE PS3!!

It Can Have The Same Features As The PC Version So Its Strange No1 Has Requested This Before.

Even The Internet Play/Network Game Will Be Able To Work On The PS3.

Playing Football Manager On A HD TV Would Work And Loads Of People Would Buy It For The PS3.

As For Controls.. They Can Be Controlled By The PS3 Controller Or FM Could Give A Free Mouse With The Game Like They Doing It With The PC VERSION AT HMV.

SO MANY BENEFITS OF HAVING IT ON THE PS3.. That FM Would Make More Sales ON THE PS3 VERSION.

Don't even think there's even any news of an Xbox 360 version this year.

Football Manager is essentially a PC game and most people nowadays have a PC or a laptop at home, so it really does make sense to concentrate solely on the PC version, if they were to make versions for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 that would mean that either Sega or SI would have to stump up the money to pay for the developers as well as all the resources as well. I know they make it for the PSP, but I think that is because it is popular and people can easily play the game on the go, so to speak.

Badboy, unless your at a library or somewhere you have a computer, so buy it for your computer.:)

and if you are just lazy and want to play from your sofa... get wireless keyboard/mouse and a big screen ;)

feedthegoat: Miles has said it will not be getting released on the Xbox this year due to compatibility issues with the controls or something like this, I can't remember exactly but I do remember Miles saying it will not be release on any other console as such apart from the PSP as per normal

X-Box And PS3 Versions Are Two Completely Different Issues, If It Didnt Work On X-Box, You Cant Say It Wont For PS3. And They Wouldnt Have To Do Much Extra With The PS3 Version...Keep It Same As The PC ONE...Just Configure The Controls...Thats It....ALSO ANOTHER BIG FACTOR: NO1 WILL BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME ON THE PS3 FOR FREE UNLIKE THE PC WHICH PEOPLE DO.

X-Box And PS3 Versions Are Two Completely Different Issues, If It Didnt Work On X-Box, You Cant Say It Wont For PS3. And They Wouldnt Have To Do Much Extra With The PS3 Version...Keep It Same As The PC ONE...Just Configure The Controls...Thats It....ALSO ANOTHER BIG FACTOR: NO1 WILL BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME ON THE PS3 FOR FREE UNLIKE THE PC WHICH PEOPLE DO.

The 360 has a much larger user base than the ps3, it also has a better pickup rate for software per head.

If it didnt work on 360 (i bought both on 360 and they were exactly the same as the pc counterpart, just for some reason less fun) then why would it work on a system with less owners and a lower software sold/unit ratio ?

FM is at home on the PC

It Is Not possible to download illegal ps3 games and in terms of how long will it last.. its lasted about 1 and half years so u cnt say how long will it last. also if u dont have a PS3 den you are gonna say it shouldnt be released on PS3. Your telling me if they made it gud and advertised it gud for the PS3...they wouldnt make sales?

It Is Not possible to download illegal ps3 games and in terms of how long will it last.. its lasted about 1 and half years so u cnt say how long will it last. also if u dont have a PS3 den you are gonna say it shouldnt be released on PS3. Your telling me if they made it gud and advertised it gud for the PS3...they wouldnt make sales?

Okay good point :thup:

By the way, text speak isn't allowed here so please try not to use it in future, as not all people on here have English as their first language :)

• SI Staff

Football Manager as it is won't work on the PS3 for the same reasons as Xbox. There are control system and screen size issues. Not everyone has HD these days and it's incredibly difficult to get such a text heavy game like FM onto consoles. We've tried it and we weren't happy with the results. We may try again in the future. :)

Whilst it's likely that the PS3 could run football Manager, it's not quite as simple as you're making it out to be. For a start, the PS3 is certainly the most awkward console to develop on, the entire interface would have to be looked at so that poeple could play it easily with a joypad, and then there's the sheer amount of storage required for FM (anyone who's donwloaded Wipeout HD, Burnout Paradise, etc onto their PS3 may well run out of disc space). Also, SI would probably have to find an external developer (I'm pretty sure that's what happened with the 360 version) that they're happy to do the porting, as they're constantly deveopling the PC version of FM (as well as FM Live) so they probably wouldn't have the resources available in house.

Geez, calm down, dude. I think you pretty-much answered your own question.

IF they could make a good game for PS3 and

IF they could make decent sales and

IF people would buy it and

IF there was enough demand and

IF they thought good advertising would generate all of the above, then...

... they would have done it. Just because one or two shouty PS3 owners want it doesn't make it a wise business decision. Like another poster said, it didn't work for X-box 360 so why should it work on PS3? They are different consoles, yes, but people who buy consoles TEND (not exclusively) to buy games that require skill etc rather than strategy.

And just in general, my opinion is that FM is a windows-based strategy game/simulator and as such is best played on a PC.

• SI Staff
Whilst it's likely that the PS3 could run football Manager, it's not quite as simple as you're making it out to be. For a start, the PS3 is certainly the most awkward console to develop on, the entire interface would have to be looked at so that poeple could play it easily with a joypad, and then there's the sheer amount of storage required for FM (anyone who's donwloaded Wipeout HD, Burnout Paradise, etc onto their PS3 may well run out of disc space). Also, SI would probably have to find an external developer (I'm pretty sure that's what happened with the 360 version) that they're happy to do the porting, as they're constantly deveopling the PC version of FM (as well as FM Live) so they probably wouldn't have the resources available in house.

The Xbox version was developed in-house.

I definately agree about the piracy issue, PS3 piracy is certainly not widespread like PC games and that would be a big plus, however as long as they are also bringing it out on pc then surely anyone who wanted a free version would just download the pc one instead?

in terms of development keeping it the same as the pc version sounds great but its just no where near that easy, things like graphics and memory management are handled very differently. Porting anything between pc and consoles takes a lot of time, adjustments and coding (and sometimes doesnt port well, GTA4 on pc anyone), add the problem of then having to release seperate patches to fix the invariably different bugs on the different versions and thats a lot of hours of programming.

I think it boils down to SI figuring not enough people would buy the PS3 version that wouldnt buy the pc version otherwise to justify the cost of development. Shame really.

i think i was one of 10 people who bought both versions on the 360, i cant explain it, but while im coming over to enjoying sitting on the couch playing the likes of FPS or RPG's on a console, FM just wasn't as fun for some reason. Like i said , im not sure why, it just didnt lend itself well to the 360, and the display and interface just weren't right.

It was by no means bad, but wasn't a patch on the PC version

add the problem of then having to release seperate patches to fix the invariably different bugs on the different versions and thats a lot of hours of programming.

That was a major issue on the 360, to release a patch on xbox you need to go through microsft certification, SI had issues getting patches through this process, so the 360 version got left behind with bug fixes and data updates

You say about it looking awful on a standard resolution tv, but if the PS3 owner can buy a PS3, he/she might not have a HD TV...But it be better than a standard one dats for sure. Also Football Manager would work on EVERY SINGLE PS3 The Same....Meaning Same Speed ETC ETC...not like PC..Wen people have to check if they meet the minimum spec.

You say about it looking awful on a standard resolution tv, but if the PS3 owner can buy a PS3, he/she might not have a HD TV...But it be better than a standard one dats for sure. Also Football Manager would work on EVERY SINGLE PS3 The Same....Meaning Same Speed ETC ETC...not like PC..Wen people have to check if they meet the minimum spec.

Thing is, it didn't work on 360 so the conclusion made is it won't work on PS3 either. Why would you want to play a text based game on a console anyway, it's not comfortable to read text on a TV screen nor is it easy to navigate using a controller.

The consoles are for graphics intensive games you can easily play with a controller. Not for text based strategy games.

Xbox 360 and PS3 for graphical blasters / racers / PES / Fifa etc. nor for strategy games. Been proven with other very succesful PC games which are full on strategy games they just don't appeal to console users or even them that do don't work very well. Get a PC and Get playing FM November 14th. Otherwise get back to Generic PS3 Blaster 2009.

The point was if FM Team can develop it on the PS3 the same or even better than the PC version then it should and release it. It would target a different market and give Football Manager more customers than less.

But would the number of extra customers be enough to offset the development costs, as well as manufacturing, licensing from Sony, etc. etc.?

i believe it would captain, it could actually become one of the main games for the PS3. As more and more people are buying PS3 and not as many games are coming out. This is a perfect game you can play all year around. Think how many football ps3 fans dere are... as for Football playing games...some people buy FIFA and some PES. But when it comes to Football Manager you will get customers from both.

Thing is' date=' it didn't work on 360 so the conclusion made is it won't work on PS3 either. Why would you want to play a text based game on a console anyway, it's not comfortable to read text on a TV screen nor is it easy to navigate using a controller.

The consoles are for graphics intensive games you can easily play with a controller. Not for text based strategy games.[/quote']

I agree with what you said about reading on a TV-screen, but you can connect a mouse and keyboard with the USB's on the PS3...

Archived