A-League Demo

Just got my email from SI stating that there would be an A-League demo on the front of the Jan 442 mag, coming out Dec 3rd. Am I the only one who thinks this may be a bit of a waste since the full version game is out Nov 14? I will not blame SI for this but the FFA as they are the ones who held back in-game expansion for the A-League and this smells of their "wisdom" as well

well its a problem of paper magazines really. they come with dvds containing demos and stuff but there isn't any point anymore. lets say 10 years ago there was since not a lot of people had high speed internet so buying pc magazines that had still cds at the time was basically the only way to get demos, but nowadays almost everyone has access to high speed internet and these magazines serve no purpose really. why pay money to get something you can get online for free and sooner?

for reviews? there are loads of it online and you don't have to wait a full month to read them. news? there are loads of sites that have news and once again you don't have to wait a month to see them. demos? there are loads of ways to get demos and once again you don't have to wait a month to play them.

but i don't see why you blame ffa or si or anyone for that? that illogicality is merely down to the key downpoint of paper media described in first paragraph. if magazine comes out once a month and demo is only released in november than they can't have the demo before the december edition. the magazine needs to get prinet, cds need to get copied, whole thing needs to be distributed across country and all of that takes some time.

Just got my email from SI stating that there would be an A-League demo on the front of the Jan 442 mag, coming out Dec 3rd. Am I the only one who thinks this may be a bit of a waste since the full version game is out Nov 14? I will not blame SI for this but the FFA as they are the ones who held back in-game expansion for the A-League and this smells of their "wisdom" as well

A-League demo? Err... what is A-League?

• SI Staff
SI could have released the Demo with the magazine under the agreement that the magazine doesn't get released before Nov 2nd, would be released at the same time in some shops and none of these posts would be a problem! Or at least that seems logical to me! lol

That would mean the demo being ready around October 2nd, when the game wasn't even finished yet.

Well imo its the next possible edition of the magazine and the soonest SI are able to release it with the magazine. Also, imo, there are a lot of football fans in Australia that have no idea about FM, so if it catchs their eye, then we are most likely to sign up some more long time FM fans :) More Aussies in here sweating over the FM 10 release....sounds good to me.

Archived