Patch Question

Right say for example i am already 4 seasons into a save on FM09 and then the patch comes out and i download it. Will i have to start a new game for the patch to take effect or can i just carry on as normal ????

No, all patches as far as I can ever remember are saved game compatible. So you patch and continue with your save.

not even the demo is out yet and people are already worrying about patches :rolleyes:

He asked a perfectly reasonable question. He didn't moan or complain. He just wanted to know how the patches work. Give him a break.

i know but i found the whole situation too funny not to comment on that

in truth at this time no one can throw away the possibility that he will try the game and loathe it so much that he won't get to 4th season :p

I can guarntee i wont stop playing FM mate because my Xbox is broke and i got nothing else to do :D... well there is coursework but FM is more important and fun haha!!

Parts of it will affect your save, but you'll need to start a new save for it to take full effect.

As far as I know the patches are 100% game compatable. You only need to start a new game if the patch includes a data update and you want to make use of this data update.

I really don't think its necessary for any patch to contain a data update at this stage since the game has an editor so you can put things like recent manager changes in yourself.

Archived