Removal of "Match Speed" slider.

You know, when viewing a match.

Just to clarify, until now, we've had two sliders dictating how quickly the match passes:

• Highlights, which speeds up what the blobs are doing
  • Match speed, which speeds up the gaps between the highlights.

For 09, there will be one slider. This slider will dictate both speeds. (source: a blog from yesterday or the day before with Ter)

SI are merging the two sliders because new users in particular couldn't grasp what each slider actually did. I was in this boat when I first played 07. What on Earth did the Match Speed slider do? However, I quickly worked out, as I'm sure most other people did too, that the highlights slider sped up the highlights.

I don't like this move. I understand the reasoning behind it, much like with the arrows, but I don't like it. IMO, there needs to be a way to speed up the gaps between highlights without speeding up the highlights themselves.

Therefore, I suggest one of the following:

1. "Match Speed" always at max, "highlights" can be changed. Who really wants to stare at the same boring screen for longer than they need to?
  2. A tick box in Preferences that lets you separate the two aspects of the one slider- if it's ticked, you get both sliders. The default should be unticked, though, so new users automatically have one slider.
  3. One slider, the highlights slider. Match speed is now a set of tick boxes in Preferences. Slow-Medium-Fast. Slow is far left on current slider, Medium middle, and Fast, far right. Default: fast.

What do you lot think? Do you agree with the removal? What do you think of my suggestions? Do you have any suggestions?

While I agree that we should wait before judging things, I'll be quite disappointed if they merge the sliders as I have them both set at different speeds. I like my highlights to be somthing close to a real life speed but the bits in between the highlights to pass very quickly.

If the reason they're doing this is because newer user were confused then that's pathetic tbh. Does it not tell you in the manual? If not would it not be easier to just put it in the manual?

If someone can't work out what the seperate sliders do after a few matches then they're beyond help to be honest.

While I agree that we should wait before judging things, I'll be quite disappointed if they merge the sliders as I have them both set at different speeds. I like my highlights to be somthing close to a real life speed but the bits in between the highlights to pass very quickly.

If the reason they're doing this is because newer user were confused then that's pathetic tbh. Does it not tell you in the manual? If not would it not be easier to just put it in the manual?

If someone can't work out what the seperate sliders do after a few matches then they're beyond help to be honest.

Same thoughts exactly. Thanks for saving me trouble of typing!

Same here, i like to watch the game at normal speed but i dont wanna waste timing between highlights sat watching a clock trickle along.

Lets see what the demo is like (thats 2 things to look for along with the goal flash thingy lol)

Archived