Guys, can you read between the lines for me here?....

At the beginning of my 3rd season with Atletico Madrid, I just requested for the board to improve the youth facilities at the club.

They came back instantly with the following message:

aaaboardbm6.jpg

They say they are investing in the youth facilities here, but the message looks different to me for some reason.

Usually when I request this with a club the board say something like "We are looking into developing/improving the facilities in the near future" (or something like that) but here it appears that either:

a. They hold me in a high regard and are meeting my request immediately

b. They were already in the process of improving youth facilities

c. This is what they always say, and it's just me gradually going insane.

I'm hoping this is what they say to managers who they respect, as I've just embarrassingly won the treble and assume they're quite happy about it?

Do the board like me? Or am I imagining things?

Normally when I'm doing this well at a club they already have top youth facilities and there has never been the need to request.

PS - I say "embarrassingly won the treble" because it was only my second season and I genuinely didn't think we were ready for it, and feel under a little more pressure because of it. :eek:

There's a lot of lines, which ones are we meant to be reading between?

Anyway, I think the answer is: b. They were already in the process of improving youth facilities

That was my thinking, but the stadium expansion was finished in December, I was notified of the work commencing there.

Would they not have notified me of plans to upgrade the youth facilities too?

I think you need to lay off the crack mate, it is making you paranoid!

Just be happy that they are thinking along the same lines as you and look forward to the big ribbon cutting ceremony in a few months time.

oh, and maybe move on to smack or something more 'downer' in nature

I think you need to lay off the crack mate, it is making you paranoid!

Just be happy that they are thinking along the same lines as you and look forward to the big ribbon cutting ceremony in a few months time.

oh, and maybe move on to smack or something more 'downer' in nature

Hehe, very clever :p

I was just thinking along the lines of how it was worded.

Like in a player's contract negotiations. If he's greedy he will "Demand £x per week" whereas if he is loyal or not so greedy he "Would like £x per week".

I thought the way the board replied might be some indication of whether or not they hold me in a high regard.

...or maybe I am just being paranoid! :D

Archived