The Worst Injuries..EVER!

Is this possibly the worst injury ever? Feel free to add your own 'mysterious' injuries! :D

Hmm..Cant figure out how to do screenshots...so ill just tell you the info

Name: Jan Plessers

Nationality: Belgian

Injury: Possibly out for between 2 TO 3 YEARS! due to a serious viral infection!

Im wondering what this infection could be!

In recent times I remember players having a fractured skull.

I also remember years ago, I'm not sure which game but one of the old management games in the 90s. It seemed like once a year a player would die, stuff like players getting struck by lightning on the way to training. :D

I also remember years ago, I'm not sure which game but one of the old management games in the 90s. It seemed like once a year a player would die, stuff like players getting struck by lightning on the way to training. :D

I remember this too! :p

Wasnt that long ago, i remember playing CM 01/02 when Dele Adebola had fractured skull. Was out for around a year.

CM was the daddy for freak injuries! ;)

tell me about it, i had just bought christian vieri on 01/02 for about £36 million at manchester united then before his first match got an 18 month injury :'(

Ouch! £36 MILLION?! Wow!

That got me thinking actually.. There has been some fairly big name players over the years to get injuries for periods like this. E.g. Ronaldo, Roy Keane, Kieron Dyer etc.

this was premier manager.

i absolutely loved this game... there was a brilliant cheat where if you clicked the bottom of the transfers screen you could "sell john lukic" for about £500k, worked wonders if you were in the lower leagues!

also when players retired they always "retired to run a country pub" which i thought was very amusing.

on FM, the worst injury i have had is charles nzogbia; he did his cruciate ligaments about 1 month after i brought him to portsmouth. tragic.

tell me about it, i had just bought christian vieri on 01/02 for about £36 million at manchester united then before his first match got an 18 month injury :'(

You could have bought him for £30 million!!

I got him every time at Man U. Him and Van N always banged them in for me!

That £6 million could have got you Regillo Vrede(4mill) , Mike Duff(250k - future), Taribo West (free) or even the ultimate legend that was Cherno Samba!!!(3-4mill)

I've heard of this, you do get them out for 1-2 years with a major infection, although it beats me as to how the physio can predict that from an infection.

It helps if you think of your physio as being the liaison between you and the medical staff looking after the player. Once the infection is identified then the prognosis for recovery can be made. Which will include the amount of time that rehabilitation can take. It's not the amount of time from infection to the infection being cleared, but the amount of time from infection to when the player will be ready to play football again. For example, the infamous Guillain-Barré syndrome that Markus Babbel contracted can be cleared in a matter of weeks. However, the nerve damage can take years to rehabilitate (depending on the patient and how widespread the damage was).

Surely you wouldn't be able to walk again if you broke you back never mind play football?

A broken back, or broken neck, would mean a fractured vertebrae. Though such fractures can be fatal or paralysing, they are not impossible to recover from and return to sport. Dion Dublin broke his neck and came back to playing again (with a metal plate in his neck). Calling it a Broken Back is partially hyperbole, partially the common form for the injury, and partially SI preventing the forum from being filled with 'What's a Vertebra?' posts.

I remember Markus Babbel being out for ages with Epstein-Barr virus whilst he was at Liverpool.

He got Epstein-Barr first, then contracted Guillain-Barré syndrome from that, Epstein-Barr is a very very common form of herpes, that most adults will contract at some point. It's mostly harmless.

I remember this too! :p

Wasnt that long ago, i remember playing CM 01/02 when Dele Adebola had fractured skull. Was out for around a year.

CM was the daddy for freak injuries! ;)

I've had Bojan fracture his skull on FM08 (due to a mistimed challenge I think, I couldn't help but picture how mistimed the challenge actually was).

I think I've had Eden Hazard out for 2 years with a serious viral infection, effectively ruining his chances of even nearly reaching his PA. The compassionate manager I am, I released him.

Is this possibly the worst injury ever? Feel free to add your own 'mysterious' injuries! :D

Hmm..Cant figure out how to do screenshots...so ill just tell you the info

Name: Jan Plessers

Nationality: Belgian

Injury: Possibly out for between 2 TO 3 YEARS! due to a serious viral infection!

Im wondering what this infection could be!

I googled him, and through the help of google translator, discovered he has some sort of muscular disorder. There was a benefit match played for him involving PSV, apparently.

On the latest FM08 update there is a guy in the Luton squad that starts the game being out for a year with a viral infection.

I personally liked to think it was meningitis or aids, but that just a personal preference. Maybe other people would like to picture him with hepetitis C or something.

The only big injury I've had was in CM 01/02, I bought Andy Cole than before the season started he got injured for a couple of years, so he just retired and I got compensation.

On the latest FM08 update there is a guy in the Luton squad that starts the game being out for a year with a viral infection.

I personally liked to think it was meningitis or aids, but that just a personal preference. Maybe other people would like to picture him with hepetitis C or something.

*Shakes head*

Paul Underwood?

The last game he played for Luton was in march 2006, when he got a relatively minor injury, something like a broken arm that needed an operation, but there was complications and he got some sort of virus and has never recovered enough to be able to play with the club releasing him a couple of months ago.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The virus could be a less common virus which can attack a specific part of the body, like the infections from a recent injury, or tuberculosis (that won't be very likely though). The injury from the first post may have been a cut or gash that had escalated into something worse.

In a CM version (I forgot exaclty which one) I once had Phil Neville out for 2 years due to Radio Therapy. I was managing MAN U and he was still their so a long time ago. He did return but never made it to the first team again.

You could have bought him for £30 million!!

I got him every time at Man U. Him and Van N always banged them in for me!

That £6 million could have got you Regillo Vrede(4mill) , Mike Duff(250k - future), Taribo West (free) or even the ultimate legend that was Cherno Samba!!!(3-4mill)

lol you know too much

Well it's not a injury in the database but I added my own injury, a broken penis :D

I had a friend who altered a load of the injuries on the database a few versions ago. Must admit i LOLed the first time I saw the message "Player xxx seems to be suffering from bird flu, you can send the player home to minimise the risk of infecting the rest of the squad" or whatever that cold/flu message is :D

i remember FM07, i was Newcastle top of the table with Owen firing them in every match basically then he got injured for 13 months and my team went to **** without him.

i really believe that if Owen wasnt injury prone in real life he would still be one of the best players worldwide.

this isnt really the worst injury ever....but back when i was playing cm 03/04 with my friend...he was real madrid...

a message came up saying: raul has an injury

raul and ronaldo have had sex. raul will be out for 7-8 months with aids.

i still think he edited it and made an injury in the editor, if there was one....but we laughed our heads off that dayy...

good times :D

this isnt really the worst injury ever....but back when i was playing cm 03/04 with my friend...he was real madrid...

a message came up saying: raul has an injury

raul and ronaldo have had sex. raul will be out for 7-8 months with aids.

i still think he edited it and made an injury in the editor, if there was one....but we laughed our heads off that dayy...

good times :D

That is very frightening :eek:

Worst I had was 18 months when Messi broke his leg in training and when he was coming back he did something to his crucaite ligaments and was out for 12 months. I payed 23 million for him aswell :(

Archived