Everytime!

Im fed up with every save game begining the same for 2 or 3 seasons!

Pat Rice is Arsen Wengers successor at Arsenal

Steve Coppell is Sir Alex's successor at Man Utd

Adrian Mutu Joins Arsenal

Gareth Barry goes to a UEFA standard team in italy or spain

i could go on...

Most of the things mentioned in the OP always happed to me.

- Mutu signs for Arsenal

- Rice replaces Wenger

- Coppell replaces Ferguson

But I have never seen Barry move.

Also, other transfers that always happen in my games are:

- Rossi to Italian team for a stupid fee!

- Daniel Alves to Chelski

Im fed up with every save game begining the same for 2 or 3 seasons!

Pat Rice is Arsen Wengers successor at Arsenal

Steve Coppell is Sir Alex's successor at Man Utd

Adrian Mutu Joins Arsenal

Gareth Barry goes to a UEFA standard team in italy or spain

i could go on...

Haha! They always happen on my games too :D

Do you tend to put the same leagues into any game you start? If you only put one or two leagues into a game, the number of available staff and players is reduced, thus reducing the options available when certain scenarios occur, which then means the AI picks pretty much the same one every time.

Mutu went to Liverpool on my game. :p

Coppell hasn't got the United job because I have it! But Benitez is Spain manager and Rice is Arsenal manager. Incidentally, Wenger quit Arsenal to manage Inter on mine.

Gareth Barry is still at Aston Villa in 2012.

Mutu went to AC Milan for only ~£15 million in my game cos I sold him there. Bayern Munich were the only other team to bite when I was trying to tout him around in the first January transfer window.

Juventus acquired quite the English contingent though with Ledley King, Stewart Downing and Aaron Lennon (and possibly others) all joining them!

Strange that. In my last game at least, Sir Alex was indeed replaced with Steve Coppell and Pat Rice has also been managing Arsenal for a few seasons before they appointed Steve McClaren who took them to 6 consecutive CL wins (Steve McClaren is also top in hall of fame :D). Mutu on the other hand went to Liverpool, Ronaldo and Rooney stayed for about 5 or 6 seasons and then both joined Arsenal (:rolleyes:), Portsmouth were in the Championship for a while and I don't really know about Barry.

The manager thing is tied to the club favorites bit I guess. Since Coppell is available and favorite personnel he's very likely to replace Sir Alex. The Mutu thing along with others is down to how the shortlists are created for AI managers. This is supposed to have been rewritten for FM 2009.

Nedum Onouha to Inter Milan happens every game for me, and i also get everything the OP said! :( hopefully there will be more variation next time. However it does make sense as these clubs buy the players that are in their calibre and price bracket so it would more likely than not be similar if not the same players each time.

The manager thing is tied to the club favorites bit I guess. Since Coppell is available and favorite personnel he's very likely to replace Sir Alex.

if you are saying its likely to happen in game i would agree, but i highly doubt steve coppell will replace sir alex irl

Archived