FM 2009 - Macbook?

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has now been answered conclusively but I just couldn't find it anywhere..

I have a White Macbook running Tiger, I understand that to play FM2009 I will need to upgrade to Leopard. However, I am still a little confused about the graphics card requirements...as far as I am aware you can't actually get either of the graphics cards mentioned in a Macbook and can't get it upgraded. Does this mean that normal Macbook owners can't run FM 2009?

yeh i'm slightly confused on this too... but like many people have been saying the best way to find out is to download the demo on sunday and see how it runs. if it runs ok then the full game should work a treat (i hope because I have a macbook too with lower spec than yours! (os x 10.4.11)).

Trying the demo is what I'm having to do. As much as I love the FM series, if it doesn't work, I'm not buying a new computer just to play it. I spent nearly £900 on my MacBook less than 2 years ago, so I'm not spending anymore on a computer.

It's simple, if they demo doesn't work on my MacBook, then they have lost my custom.

• 5 months later...

I'm running a new MacBook, 2.2Ghtz processor, 2GB Ram, etc...

Now I can't run the 3D engine and have never been able to. But my question is this: why can my mac run more visually complex games like Multiwinia (great game, by the way) but not FM? Does anybody know whether this issue might be fixed in a future update? Or what about in FM2010? Can anybody from SI please shed some light on this ? It's really not good enough...

I'm running a new MacBook, 2.2Ghtz processor, 2GB Ram, etc...

Now I can't run the 3D engine and have never been able to. But my question is this: why can my mac run more visually complex games like Multiwinia (great game, by the way) but not FM? Does anybody know whether this issue might be fixed in a future update? Or what about in FM2010? Can anybody from SI please shed some light on this ? It's really not good enough...

Works just fine on my 2.4Ghz MBP. I'm not sure why you are having problems with the 3D. I've seen reports of it working just fine on the new generation MacBooks too.

Archived