What's been your most dramatic moment in FMH so far?

I just had an amazing finish to season one with Scarborough. We led the Conference by two points from Cambridge with one game left, but Cambridge had a better goal difference. So if THEY won, we had to win - a draw would see us lose the title on goal difference. We were away to Exeter, who needed a result to get into the playoffs, Cambridge were away to Woking who had nothing to play for.

Cambridge won 3-2 (of course, I couldn't know this until afterwards). My Scarborough went 1-0 down from a corner after five minutes. A free-kick from Lee Fowler five minutes later drew us level, but Exeter were all over us. However, they had a defender sent off just before half-time, presumably for a professional foul.

Second half we were mostly on top with the extra man. We hit the bar with ten minutes to go. Just couldn't score. Then with 89 minutes on the clock a low cross was smashed home, and we took the Conference title with two minutes left of the entire season...

Phew!

What's been your most dramatic moment in FMH so far?

I just had an amazing finish to season one with Scarborough. We led the Conference by two points from Cambridge with one game left, but Cambridge had a better goal difference. So if THEY won, we had to win - a draw would see us lose the title on goal difference. We were away to Exeter, who needed a result to get into the playoffs, Cambridge were away to Woking who had nothing to play for.

Cambridge won 3-2 (of course, I couldn't know this until afterwards). My Scarborough went 1-0 down from a corner after five minutes. A free-kick from Lee Fowler five minutes later drew us level, but Exeter were all over us. However, they had a defender sent off just before half-time, presumably for a professional foul.

Second half we were mostly on top with the extra man. We hit the bar with ten minutes to go. Just couldn't score. Then with 89 minutes on the clock a low cross was smashed home, and we took the Conference title with two minutes left of the entire season...

Phew!

Great topic this icon_wink.gif

So far it's been my Marseille against Bordeaux match. I was leading 1-0 until the 90th minute where all of a sudden Barthez gets sent off! And I used all 3 of my subs! I put Taiwo in to try and save the resulting PK but Laslandas scored.

That moment gave me a flashback to the UEFA CUP final of 2003 where Barthez got sent off at halftime, Marseille eventually lost 2-0...

• 2 weeks later...

My most dramatic moment had me jumping around the house.

It was in my Hearts saved game and i was playing the champions league semi final second leg at home to arsenal after losing the first leg 1-0.

I scored an early goal through Erwin Lorenzo Avalos but before half tiume arsenal scored twice and went in 3-1 up at half time with 2 away goals leaving me in need of 3 goals to go through.

I mad a quick tactical change to direct play and attacking style and brought on my 2 young superstars in the making, Johan Iversen and Sherman Andre Cardenas. In the 50th minute I pulled one back through Avalos again making it 2-2 but the time ticked awat until the 8oth minute when Iversen scored a penalty to make it 3-2 and 3-3 on aggregate. I started to get excited but not too much but then Sherman Andre Cardenas put us infront in the 87th minute with a great solo run and finish and just to put the icing on the cake Avalos completed a great hat trick in injury time to make it 5-2 on the night and 5-3 on agg.

I won the champions league final on penalties against real madrid but the semi was amazing!

Just had an amazing season - been with Portsmouth since the start, and this was the 2016/2017 season - took me ages to work out a decent tactic and players but finally won my first trophy a couple of seasons before. 2015/2016 season saw a dramatic improvement, won the FA Cup and second in the league. Roll on to this season neck and neck with Arsenal all the way, until beginning of March all of a sudden Arsenal open up a 7 point gap. Being a bit despondant, changed the set-up to be more attacknig and went for it. Somehow Arsenal lose two in a row and I'm a point behind. Next up, yep, Arsenal! Went behind and salvaged a draw. Still a ponit behind, 3 games to go Arsenal draw another, I take a two point lead into the final match of the season. Due to goal diference I knew a draw wouldn't be enough, after a very tense match, ran out 1-0 winners and wrapped up my first title.

If this wasn't enough for the season, in the quarter final of Champs League against Roma. First leg away, disallowed goal means I'm 2-0 down. Second leg at home. 2-0 up after 15 mins - all looking good. By half-time its 2-2 (2-4 on agg) cue tactical masterstroke - chuck 3 new players on. scored 4 goals in the first 15 mins of the second half! Went on to win the Final on penalties! Phew!

Archived