How long is it before the first patch is released?

Nothing can be as bad as FM08 pre patch! It was horrendous, but after the second patch it became the best in the series in my opinion, apart from CM2 of course, which I loved and still play whenever I can :)

I agree with you- CM2 was and still is the best ever!! sadly im on Vista and so cant run it (DOS programs dont work) :(

Patch nr1 is unfortunately not enough if you looking back years in time. Im waiting for patch 2.

BUT i am looking forward to the new 3D engine, it will take FM to a new level for sure. I going to play it whitout any patch at all this year (until the release of them ofcorse), **** bugs.

Come on, seriously? The game has only just gone gold, the demo isn't even out yet & you're asking about the 1st patch? I honestly do not get some people. Yes the game will undoubtedly need patching, but why don't we try to wait until at least having played the demo a fair bit before thinking about patches.

The simple answer, of course, if the question is taken seriously is it will be released when sufficient bugs have been found, fixed, tested, tweaked, tested (etc, etc) & then it will be released.

• SI Staff

As ever, we will support the game to the best of our ability.

I really don't like the word "patch" anyway - for me its the developer allowing the user to update the software they paid good money for, quickly and easily. When we release these updates we often improve and fine tune small bits and pieces as well as fix bugs. In these days of mass broadband I think there are no excuses for a developer not to do stuff like this. No game can be 100% perfect on release anyway, its pointless trying to pretend otherwise.

At the same time we wont lose sight of the fact people buying a game from a store or online deserve it to be up to scratch from the box.

By the looks of it the first thing that will need tweaking is the flashing box when a goal is scored in the 3D view. It should flash when the ball is over the line, not before :)

That just means you won't be caught on camera getting all excited before the ball crosses the line :) Seen a few managers jump up and down before pulling their hair out ;)

going from the past 3 years, it will need a patch, and it will improve the overal game a hell of alot.

it was a question based on the fact that i want the game to be as good as possible asap as it will no doubt prove a little frustrating to start with.

i will want the second patch with all of the updated transfers aswell.

some of you need to lighten up and stopped trying to be hard behind your pc's you gimps!

Archived