Match engine videos

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was excited enough about the preview-code videos of the 3D match engine that popped up on the forum last night, but these are simply gorgeous! I'm liking the stadium modelling and the shadows - it really has come a long way since the preview code.

Miles, I gotta say you and your team have done a fantastic job on this.I've been playing FM/CM since the very first one and I've not been more excited about a version than this! Absolutely superb.

Anyone wanna confirm this? i wrote in another thread about these!

"Originally Posted by PGB_SPURS_FM09

Surely though this isn't the final finished version still if its a leak! I'm hoping that tomorrows one will be what it will be like on the real thing for definate so i'm expecting tomorrows video to be even better!

EDIT: DAM JUST REALISED THE STICKY!!! THEY ARE OFFICIAL! Maybe not final version though still? Seems weird they've taken away the exclusive from shortlist.com if its not going to be an improvement to these 3!

What do you think?"

Miles the videos have already been seen and the major concern is Goal flashing up even before the ball as gone into the net.

I noticed too, hopefully it wont be there in final build or if it is it wont be visible before the striker actually shoots at least.

They've done a very good job. For all the people who play with 2d, just watch the overhead view. Its basically a much better 2d.

The detail doesn't matter. The up close graphics does not matter. It look likes it runs smooth and crisp and the animations actually look more than good enough. The pace of the game looks right too. Thats all that does matter.

Wow, I think the videos look absolutely amazing.

You probably could have put some footage of a real live football game and people would still complain about something.

In my opinion this looks perfect for what FM needs. Congratulations on all the great work.

Sorry for moaning I just want everything to be perfect, if people don't moan about the problems they will not get fixed.

I understand that mate, we all want it to be good trust me! But it seems every thread i go in today has you moaning and condemning stuff before the demo is even out! Give it a chance first, you might actually like it lol :) If not then threads will, im sure, be created for people to moan about the stuff they dont like! Just seems these days that these forums are full up with people complaining and moaning about everything.

Things I have moaned about

1. Not being able to play the game when I have it.

2. The slider.

3. Gk not making a effort to save the ball.

4. Still only the white skin.

That is 4 things I have moaned about and I think that 90% of people would agree with me.

I have also said today the 3d engine looks a lot better than I thought it would.

I am really looking forward to the game even booked a week off to play it.

My only concern is that the keepers dont seem to make an effort to save the ball- that worries me a lot

otherwise im really really impressed- cant wait

Can anyone from SI confirm for us as to whether the keepers will in fact dive and save shots???

Cheers

The end of Match Engine 1 is wierd. The text is celebrating a goal before the ball has gone into the net.

Very tough to have an opinion about it in the appalling quality Youtube can provide. Looks like through balls will be the chap this year though :)

Edit - I see I'm not the only one to spot this. Makes us wonder how nobody who can actually fix it has yet

Well then i would tell that 90% the same thing, play it first, complain after! Simple!

Back on topic, i dont know what i was expecting of the 3D match engine to be honest but i think it looks alright. Will look forward to giving it a go though come sunday morning :D

Archived