What will be the next big addition?

First it was 2D in CM4 (IIRC), then it was 3D in FM09, but, in your opinion, what do you think will be the next big thing for this great series, and, just as a prediction, in what year will it be first introduced?

This is just an informal prediction thread, but I think it could be quite fun :)

What do you think?

I think by FM12 we'll see a much improved 3d match engine, a good number of new playable leagues, an in-game ability to preview/download extra player made content directly to your game, and regens/newgens will still be crap.

a snazzy new box with tail fins and bubble domes. virtual reality match engine! and oohhh dont forget the free mars bar for every buyer.

I don't want Mars. When i lived in England, some kids would make fun of me in school if i was eating a Mars, only because of its appearance.

Im intriuged, tell me more about this thing you call "4d"

I went to a theme park in America, and there was a 4D cinema.

It was where things happenden such as water came at you and your seat shook.

I very much doubt this will happen:D

I reckon we'll have a 3d match engine similar to FIFA's, more licences and general improved features.

FM Touchscreen! Maybe in 20 years time...

well FM would work fine with touchscreen if you had a touchscreen on your PC.

All a touchscreen does is act as the mouse cursor so a touchscreen would work very well with FM.

I personally have used a graphics tablet with FM which worked fine.

im worried the next few years of FM may just be improving the graphics and stuff on the 3D matches with only small improvements in other areas.

was it not predicted that football would end in 2013 or something like that so we might not get to see some of these implementations

sorry this has been quite the negative post, ill send everyone flowers to make up for it

FM will implement further options to improve the community side of the game. These will include options to easily upload replays, screenshots, etc, also there'll be community statistics showing hours played, games won, formations used etc.

The above will be within the game by 2010.

the disk will also be released on a new propreitary format in 2011. It will hold many more images, voice commentary in several languages and larger databases uncompressed to allow for faster processing. By using the new media they will also have made it much harder to copy, probably using some organic watermarking device which means the disk cannot be copied.

By the way, Windows 7 is out 2010, only early betas are out next year.

actual voice commentry... you never know.

Didnt one of the earlier versions have voice commentry? My memory is vague although I do recall that the comments were built up of clips with the team name added in where needed ... the teams names begging "A" were spoken with great enthusiasm but as you got further down the alphabet the voice became very bored sounding.

for as long as i can remember i always like the idea of a game that played like SWOS and had the database of a game like FM. be cool.

Have a look at this rob, and in particular New Star Soccer 3. Pretty sure this used to be a forum favourite on here a few years back. Looks like they are working on a new version.

Great game and only a tenner! or $19.99 which actually works out to a little bit more than a tenner with current exchange rates.

According to a thread a few weeks back (ok so some of us chose to interpret the comment in an incorrect manner, but still...) SI put a man on the moon so I predict they'll put a man on Pluto by 2020.

According to a much better thread, Miles is an alien. Therefore, I want a badass laser blasting thing free with FM12.

Miles, if that is your real name, you have five minutes before I email NASA. I want a guarantee that this will be in.

Spot the vital flaws in my plan.

(Yes, I am joking. Oh, and can I have a link to the moon thread?)

According to a much better thread, Miles is an alien. Therefore, I want a badass laser blasting thing free with FM12.

Miles, if that is your real name, you have five minutes before I email NASA. I want a guarantee that this will be in.

Spot the vital flaws in my plan.

(Yes, I am joking. Oh, and can I have a link to the moon thread?)

That thread was a fail but I'm glad your keeping at it haha

for as long as i can remember i always like the idea of a game that played like SWOS and had the database of a game like FM. be cool.

Or an FM database with as many players, teams and leagues as SWOS had! You'd need a pretty powerful computer to run all the leagues then.

Removing the visible attributes (or at least the option to) should be the next big one for me. The scouting and coach reports would need to be far more comprehensive 1st but it's the most 'unrealistic' aspect of the game when you think about it.

Failing that how about FM Cryogenics so when we get the demo release date we can just put ourselves in stasis until the time to save the suspense! lol

Didnt one of the earlier versions have voice commentry? My memory is vague although I do recall that the comments were built up of clips with the team name added in where needed ... the teams names begging "A" were spoken with great enthusiasm but as you got further down the alphabet the voice became very bored sounding.

they must have got the guy in in the morning ready to work then by evening he was still on G or something and really really bored

Virtual reality :cool:

On goes the suit and you'll be looking on from the touchline seeing real-sized players taking to the field :D

After the loss you walk into the changing room, lash out at the boot lay on the floor etc etc

I play in the nude and this would I assume be reflected in game of course, maybe a screenie of me picking that boot just laying there in the way.

Archived