Goal celebrations

At the minute, when a player scores they just stand around for a few seconds and then play resumes. it would be betterif they crouded round each other and if its an important game or a late winner them and the manager all getting involved.

simple thing but which I know some people won't like but i think it could work. :)

At the minute, when a player scores they just stand around for a few seconds and then play resumes. it would be betterif they crouded round each other and if its an important game or a late winner them and the manager all getting involved.

simple thing but which I know some people won't like but i think it could work. :)

I disagree with what you said about the players just standing around! On the 2D ME they very often run over to the corner flag and gather round in a group, it will be interesting to see that in 3D although I would imagine there is a limited number of different celebrations as there is in games such as PES or FIFA.

I disagree with what you said about the players just standing around! On the 2D ME they very often run over to the corner flag and gather round in a group

whs. It would be cool if they included some crazy african style celebration when they dance round their shirts (Senegal at 2002 world cup against France)

The weirdest goal I've ever scored was my keeper launching a drop-kick downfield which bounced over the oppo keeper into the net, and he got so excited he ran to the opposite end to slide at the corner flag. Funniest thing I've ever seen on FM.

Yeah i had that happen aswell. I agree with the idea about the african dances in the game i think it would make the world cup much better to watch.

Don't worry. In FM09 there will be this badass celebration in which the goalscorer slide on one of his legs until the half of the pitch.

it's not, my theory is that he just sent his artifical leg along with the ball in the back of the net, hence the one leg celebration! That actually looks slightly ridiculous on the video.

I've always wondered if the celebration by the goal scorer and his teammates told you anything about their relationship. Sometimes the goal scorer is crowded around by other players but some seem to celebrate by themselves or run over to the crowd by themselves. thought that maybe it had something to do with player popularity.

any thoughts?

I had a player that I critised in the press score and come running to my dugout in a match once. The commentary line said something like Player x hits back at is manager.

Seen something like that recently; I said one of my ST's was below-par and after he scored he run to the dugout and the commentary said "Player X is out to prove his manager wrong!"

:D

Archived