Preferd moves

Some may help but others could be annoying. For example if he tries lots of long shots it could be bad as he may not be very good at that and he keeps wasting your chances. In that case restrict his creative freedom in order to stop him doing it.

i hope that in 09 there are hundreds of moves you can teach your player

There will only be there preferred moves that are used by the match engine, which is not all of them yet. Players without the preferred move can still do whatever it is, but if they have it they will do it regularly.

You won't be able to teach players individual tricks or certain types of passes if thats what you mean.

You obviously havnt played a striker that "Shoots with power"?

I dont see how most of them dont work.

Players that argue with the ref tend to get cards more, when they think its offside or a foul was commited.

Players with shoots from distance....tend to shoot from distance...

I find most work, for example my fullback with runs down right. He makes more runs than my fullback without it.

• 4 weeks later...
How do you train preferred moves?

In FM08 you need to hook up a youngster with a tutor who has PPMs. Plenty of threads cover this - do a search.

In FM09 you have the option to ask the player to learn PPMs of your choice.

A lot of the PPMs in FM08 are cosmetic - put in with the intention of activating them in future releases. This info was only 'leaked' by SI towards the end of FM08's shelf-life, leaving many of us rueing the wasted time training players in useless PPMs :(

However other are most certainly active and excellent touches. The easiest to spot are the one that result in goals - both in the 2D and commentary - shoots with powers, loves to pass the ball into the net, overhead kicks etc.

Archived