Football Manager Scenarios - What do you think?

I remember back in the days of the first LMA Managers you were able to have a scenarios mode. This is a mode where it allows you to chose from a set of different challenges such as avoid relegation, get into the play offs, get the club from out of debt without doing a Leeds etc. If FM were able to introduce this and jazz it up a bit from when the 1st LMA managers had it i reckon this would be great. For example you choice the scenario of avoid relegation and you were put in control of Stoke City, you have 9 games to save the club, most players have poor morale and long injury list and the table looks something like this:

17th Fulham 32points

18th Bolton 27 points

19th WBA 25points

20th Stoke 22points

I think this would be a great for FM to introduce, a new mode which will provide hours of fun, relativity easy to implement and will provide many great challenges for FM managers and if you complete them all you really would be a FM legend

I cant really get into challenges like the ones in the challenges forum as there not on the game if you know what i mean. The only challenge setup for you on the new FM will be the Luton Town one to try and keep them up from -30 points but that will be about it

I cant really get into challenges like the ones in the challenges forum as there not on the game if you know what i mean. The only challenge setup for you on the new FM will be the Luton Town one to try and keep them up from -30 points but that will be about it

Okay I understand where you're coming from there.

I wouldn't mind seeing challenges being implimented into the game though, good idea :thup:

I remember back in the days of the first LMA Managers you were able to have a scenarios mode. This is a mode where it allows you to chose from a set of different challenges such as avoid relegation, get into the play offs, get the club from out of debt without doing a Leeds etc. If FM were able to introduce this and jazz it up a bit from when the 1st LMA managers had it i reckon this would be great. For example you choice the scenario of avoid relegation and you were put in control of Stoke City, you have 9 games to save the club, most players have poor morale and long injury list and the table looks something like this:

17th Fulham 32points

18th Bolton 27 points

19th WBA 25points

20th Stoke 22points

I think this would be a great for FM to introduce, a new mode which will provide hours of fun, relativity easy to implement and will provide many great challenges for FM managers and if you complete them all you really would be a FM legend

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=32121

Started this similar thread a while ago with mock-ups included... if your interested.

Guest roberto922

Theres the gone in 60 seconds thread, it has at least 10 challenges set up for you to download. Also our resident mod Dafuge is setting up a multi forum challenge set where there will be a new challenge released every month with different things to do so I'd definitely check it out soon if I was you :thup:

I'm all for the idea, unfortunately I never tried it out on LMA.

However, I start my games unemployed so in effect I AM doing a challenge. And no matter what game I play, I am still doing a challenge. And I'm sure in the last few months of a season I could look at a few leagues and find one where a club is hopelessly bottom and add myself in, for example.

So that's one argument against it.

I wouldn't like the short-term scenarios much BUT something similar I would absolutely love. Something like the ability to choose what year you want to start in, it generates the history etc up until that year (something much much faster than holidaying through that is). Then maybe combine this with your scenario idea, so you could choose say Man Utd and choose a difficulty (hardest, hard, medium etc) and all the difficulty does is if you say hardest then Man Utd will be in a terrible state when you start the game and are relegation battlers, gameplay doesn't change at all no matter what difficulty setting you chose.

Archived