What I dont want in FM09

Hi

In FM09 I am really hoping for more of a challenge for the tittle every year

In FM08 if you would win the tittle with a team like Arsenal eg , you could win it 8 years in a row with no other teams really comepting

I am hoping that in FM09 you can win it one year but it becomes more challenging to win it again .

The AI Transfer system could have a big effect on this , and how the AI spend there money !!

I don't know many people that have found FM08 easy by any stretch, and winning the title easily 8 years on the bounce sounds a bit dodgy to me :)

Well I won the title 8 years on the bounce in FM08, but that was with FC Bayern :p I picked them because I like being successful, if i'd wanted a challenge I would have picked a lesser team, I don't really get the point of threads about how difficult the game is or isn't, the game is as hard or easy as you make it.

I haven't won a league championship on FM08, I have finnished 2nd in the prem and won promotion but I have found 08 pretty difficult.

I did use Hull city though who are poor on this game. really poor. essentially a league 1 team. so i think i did ok but still found the game hard to beat.

Hi

In FM08 if you would win the tittle with a team like Arsenal eg , you could win it 8 years in a row with no other teams really comepting

I am hoping that in FM09 you can win it one year but it becomes more challenging to win it again .

The AI Transfer system could have a big effect on this , and how the AI spend there money !!

If you want a challenge, try managing a lower league team with proper LLAMA rules in place. I guarantee you won't win a title for quite a while. It's more rewarding as well in my opinion than playing Chelski.

If you want a challenge, try managing a lower league team with proper LLAMA rules in place. I guarantee you won't win a title for quite a while. It's more rewarding as well in my opinion than playing Chelski.

While this is very true the point still stands. Once you do get to the top with that lower league team it's very easy to stay there. I know 'cos I've done it with Gateshead, and although it took me many years to get to and then win the Premier League, once I was there it became very easy to win the league and champions league over and over again.

This is mainly because of Transfers. Firstly, the AI teams make bad transfer decisions. They spend a lot of money on average players and don't make much of an effort to hold onto their talanted youngsters.

Secondly, because of the scouting its pretty easy to sign a ton of good young players and in a few years have a very good team and a load of money from selling some of them on. Combine this with the fact that AI teams will accept your demands for 50% of the next sale of your players and you soon have tons of money to be able to buy whoever you want.

Hopefully with the transfer revamp in '09 this will not be the case.

Hi

Exactly, if you're Arsenal you will rule the world. If you're not, Arsenal will win nearly every match and your only ever chance of overtaking them is if they hit poor form near the end of the season and you don't do exactly the same.

all 90 minute goalz players not wnting 2 move from big clubs even if theyre not played e.g. bojan, pato but when ur ac milan or barcelona they want to leave , players wanting to leave ur club even if ur successfull, when you are trying to sign a player and a big club is involved they move to the big club even if theyre not plaing first team football, the board accepting transfer bids for you, there is more i cud talk bout but i cnt fink at da minute

Did we have this discussion a long time ago?

1. It is the human mind v. the AI, human knows all the tricks and exploits, downloading tactics, buying youth players etc. AI can barely buy suitable players for their own team. As the AI improves every year, the game will gradually get harder.

2. Its not impossible to win the league however many times in a row, if you are the strongest team. If there was some special mechanism that makes your team worse when you win the league, that would be unrealistic.

im in my 3rd season in league 1 with crewe

after being in the top 8 twice, and getting to the play off final, loosing to a 119th minute pen to LEEDS (ARGH LEEDS!) the following season im struggling for form and im 12th!!!

very frustrating, but im determined to get them out of league 1, was so close last year in the playoffs but meh, will try again

Rarely playing with any of the top four and you may find it a hell of alot more challenge, i tend not to play with the top four as i feel this is almost cheating(just the way i feel).

play with a team where you virtually have to beg for 5 quid to spend,and it will become fun again.

Not possible to be realistic in the Scottish Leagues until they a) sort out Queen's Park wage structure (£0 + expenses) and b) sort out a SPFA Trial Week at Hampden every season :( One day those will make it in a tell ye! One day!

Not possible to be realistic in the Scottish Leagues until they a) sort out Queen's Park wage structure (£0 + expenses) and b) sort out a SPFA Trial Week at Hampden every season :( One day those will make it in a tell ye! One day!

I've been playing with Montrose in Scotland for 8 years now (FM 07 mind you; because the regens and transfers in FM 08 were too poor) and god almighty it's a struggle. No money, board unwilling to expand the stadium, even though we're pretty much entrenched in the first division. Relying on loans to stay in the game. Great stuff.

While this is very true the point still stands. Once you do get to the top with that lower league team it's very easy to stay there. I know 'cos I've done it with Gateshead, and although it took me many years to get to and then win the Premier League, once I was there it became very easy to win the league and champions league over and over again.

This is mainly because of Transfers. Firstly, the AI teams make bad transfer decisions. They spend a lot of money on average players and don't make much of an effort to hold onto their talanted youngsters.

Secondly, because of the scouting its pretty easy to sign a ton of good young players and in a few years have a very good team and a load of money from selling some of them on. Combine this with the fact that AI teams will accept your demands for 50% of the next sale of your players and you soon have tons of money to be able to buy whoever you want.

Hopefully with the transfer revamp in '09 this will not be the case.

Oh good point. But I play FM07 at the moment because of the exact reasons you stated above.

Archived