What's a demo?

Keep in mind that demos aren't a part of the final game as such because things can be tweaked, but I've not experienced it being to the extent that the game was much worse or better.

For example, in an action game the level structure can be changed and enemies might be moved about to different positions in the final.

Keep in mind that demos aren't a part of the final game as such because things can be tweaked, but I've not experienced it being to the extent that the game was much worse or better.

For example, in an action game the level structure can be changed and enemies might be moved about to different positions in the final.

The FM demo is a 6 month version of the Final game so it won't change.

Demos are usually released after the game has gone gold though, so any changes have to be introduced with patches. The FM demo will be exactly the same as the full game out of the box, just with limited gameplay.

I thought there were a few other minor things that you couldn't do in the demo. I'm probably wrong but that's what I thought happened.

AFAIK the only difference is holiday mode being disabled and you can only play quickstarts and not play network games. I could be wrong :p

I think the only difference is that they have holiday mode disabled.

I don't believe you can play online either. Also, the games are quickstarts which are really only saved games that use the smallest database size available. For this reason I never continue a game started on the demo with the full game. Its better imo to start from the beginning when you get the full game.

EDIT: Never noticed your second post Neji about quickstarts and network play.

I don't believe you can play online either. Also, the games are quickstarts which are really only saved games that use the smallest database size available. For this reason I never continue a game started on the demo with the full game. Its better imo to start from the beginning when you get the full game.

You're right, I just posted it a couple of posts above :D

Archived