Change from club to international management query

OK, first things first. This question relates to FM2006 but I think it is pertinent to all.

Basically, when I started my current game in FM2006 I did not load all the players and leagues due to size restrictions.

My game has about 13,000 players (as opposed to the 35,000?).

I have the English league in full and when I play the game I also see the European club competition results plus teh Eirpean Championship qualifiers and Finals, plus the World Cup qualifilers for Europe only, and the World Cup Finals.

I have never seen the results for the World Cup qualifiers for any region other than Europe.

I have alse never seen the results come up for the African Nations Cup or the Cup the national sides play for in America.

Of the 13,000 players there are some that play across the world for club and country.

For the USA there are currently 54 players, of which some play in the US leagues (which I cannot see) and some play for clubs in other countries across the world.

Now, and this is my query, - - - having just been sacked by a very shortsighted chairman I was offered the job of managing USA.

I accepted the job and have played a couple of friendlies with Argentina and Uruguay.

However, I have no other qualifying games on the horizon, or CONCACAF or whatever - only friendlies.

Have I taken a duff job with no proper competetive matches?

Can I add in the USA league now?

How can I chek if there are going to be competetive matches??

Any help welcome?

Thanks

(knew I should have just accepted the Man City job....)

for the US national team there is an off year.

as over the course of the four year cycle of world cups this is basic schedule

year 1 N/A

year 2 gold cup and copa america (if invited)

year 3 world cup qualifiers

year 4 world cup

i think

for the US national team there is an off year.

as over the course of the four year cycle of world cups this is basic schedule

year 1 N/A

year 2 gold cup and copa america (if invited)

year 3 world cup qualifiers

year 4 world cup

i think

That would (hopefully) explain it as we have just had a World Cup finals a couple of months ago.

Fingers Crossed

Thanks

Archived