Atletico Madrid SOMS

Sorry if this is poor, just thought I'd have a go.

AtMadridHSS0708.gif

Sky Sports Breaking News

Two days after Asian Billionaire Ni Seo invested in the club, the Atletico Madrid board has shocked the country, announcing that they wish to replace there highly popular manager, Javier Aguirre. Rumors are already flooding the Marca with possible replacements. Ex Tottenham Hotspur manager Juande Ramos is considered by many to be the front runner.

juande-ramos.jpg

Ramos on possible link:

Well, what can i say.It is a honour and a privileged to be linked with such a job. Of course i would be interested in the job but as of yet no official approach has been made. If the offer did materialize, yes, i would be considering my options but as of now that has yet to happen. It has come as a bit of a shock to me, to be linked with a job so soon after leaving Tottenham, but that's the cut throat career i have chosen. .

These comment have left no doubt in supporters minds that Ramos will be the new manager of Atletico Madrid.

New chairman Ni Seo declined to comment.

Breaking News

SETANTA_SPORTS_RGB.jpg

Vicente Calderon was once again the center of media attention as the club unveiled its new manager. In what was supposed to be a non event, with Juande Ramos gracefully accepting the role, came what has become labeled footballs biggest shock of the 21st century. As the curtains wound back sitting behind the lectern was a mere teenager with a million dollar grin. In what was first thought to be a publicity stunt, it was quickly announced that his name was Owain Morris and he was the new coach of Atletico Madrid. Owain Morris was quickly bundled out of the room with rumors of an open press conference tomorrow

SETANTA_SPORTS_RGB.jpg

Q. Who are you? It’s an understatement to say we are rather shocked.

A. I’m a highly ambitious youth. I know my football inside out and want to take this club places. My background, lacking. This though is made up by my calmness under pressure, my ambition and sights, but most of all my will to do everything it takes to make the fans happy.

Q. Why were you picked over Juande Ramos?

A. The truth of it is I have no idea. Juande Ramos is a fantastic manager, you can see that by what he did at Sevilla. I believe I was picked because the board are looking for freshness, a completely new approach. I bring that.

Q. What do you think of the current squad?

A. I believe the overall quality of the squad is fantastic. Yes we can strengthen but I’m not giving anymore away.

Q. What type of football do you plan to play?

A. Attacking.

Anymore questions....

what are your targets for the season ahead???

The board expects Europe. I expect nothing less than the title, we have the squad, we have the money. I don't see how it cant be done.

Do you think you can win the Title this season?

Of course I do. A signing here and there and think will become know, i am that confident.

SETANTA_SPORTS_RGB.jpg

who are our transfer targets and which area of the team are you looking to strengthen?

At the moment i am pursuing an Atletico Madrid fan favorite. I shall say no more than that on names, but a young keeper, a midfielder and backup strikers would be nice.

and which players would you instantly think of selling?

There is nobody i will instantly sell. We aready have the money, but after speaking to the squad about there ambitions ill be able to shed more light on this question. Thank you.

Owain Morris was then chauffeured home by his mum from the press conference, supposedly to test his tactics on fmh.

SETANTA_SPORTS_RGB.jpg

Rumour has it that you are after both Fernando Torres and Jose Reyes, is that true?

I think i speak for all Atletico fans when i says that we would love to bring Fernando home. As for Jose, he is a great player and we will look into all possibilities

Ni Seo, new chairman also broke his silence outside the ground this morning. Here is what he said:

I know what you are thinking. What am I doing. This infact is a rather simple question to answer. We needed a fresh approach. We needed youth. We needed ambition. We got all this and much more with our appointment of Owain Morris. Hes handed me a transfer list which shows just this. Watch this space, shocks are coming. Watch out Real Madrid shocks are coming.

WELCOME BACK FERNANDO

atletico-madrid-logo.jpg

From Setanta Sports:

Owain Morris has created a buzz after making his first impact on his squad. The highly unrealistic, yet widely anticipated singing of Atletico hero Fernando "El Nino" Torres was completed earlier this morning. Though with him came two others, Tottenham's young Croatian Luka Modric and "fat and unfit' Ronaldo. The coup cost the club in excess of 64 million pounds, though the club didn't wish to disclose further information. A highly excited Owain Morris made this statement:
I am very happy we have been able to conclude these deals so early on in the window. i thought it essential to bring Fernando home as he is such a great player and a fan favorite. Liverpool were very reluctant to sell but we managed to agree a deal after a lot of "hardball" wheeling and dealing. Luka was a much different story. We added him to the squad to add flair and another attacking option. Ronaldo is here for backup and no more, especially if he doesn't get into shape. All in all i am extremely happy.

These comments leave supporters no doubt that Ronaldo will not be unpacking his bags and will be used to gain funds. They also seem to have a belief that the new attacking duo have much to add to the squad.

83782torres.jpg

Fernando Torres on rejoining Atletico:

It was a hard choice for me, but i believe i made the right on. I love Liverpool but Atletico gave me my break, i believe its only fare to repay them in there hunt for the title. I leave Liverpool with no regrets and cant wait to pull the Atletico shirt back on.

luka%20modri%20croatia%2028%20may.jpg

Luka Modric was also in a cheerful mood:

Its an honor to be signed by such a big club. Owain has told me his ambitions for the future and they mesh perfectly with mine. I may only be new to the club but everyone has been so welcoming and it already feels like home. All i have to do now is show my worth to Owain and most importantly the fans.

Ronaldo was disheartened:

It hurts me that they dont see me as a great addition to the squad, but it also surprised me the approach was made in the first place. Will i be here at the start of the season, I don't know.

run-ronaldo-run-screenshot.jpg

Interpretation of Ronaldo's current fitness

LET THE SEASON BEGIN

Atletico Madrid Coach, Owain Morris, is very heartened at the start his team has made this season. Atletico have powered through there first four games, conceding once whilst scoring 10, which is giving supporters real hope for the season.

1st Game V Trabzonspor

Competition: Euro Vase

Result: Win

Score: 2-0

Scorers: Fernando Torres (52) Raul Garcia (73)

Milestones: Luka Modric and Fernando Torres made debut. Fernando Torres Netted his first goal for the club.

Torres.jpg

Torres Celebrating Opening Goal.

2nd Game V Trabzonspor

Competition: Euro Vase

Score: 1-0

Scorer: Pablo (30)

sergio-aguero-orgullo-atletico.jpg

3rd Game V Terrassa

Competiton: Friendly

Score: 4-0

Scorers: Fernando Torres (6), Sergio Aguero (9), Luka Modric (16), Maniche (87)

Milestones: Luka Modric scored his first Atletico goal.

610x.jpg

Team Spirit Is High

4th Game V Ferrol

Competiton: Friendly

Score: 3-1

Scorers: Fernando Torres (49), Simao (51), Maxi Rodriguez (86), Jesus Olmo (90)

Red Card: Nauzet (45)

Other: Sergio Aguero Missed Penalty (45)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer News:

IN:

Fernando Torres

Luka Modric

Ronaldo

Cafu

Peruchi

Iago

Bojan

Marten Caceres (loan)

Out:

Ronaldo (18.25mil)

Iago (loan)

Saddick Adams (loan)

Future:

Damain Ismodes

David Ospina

Owain Morris on Transfers:

I am very happy at how the window is progessing. Our squad is now taking shape. of the recent transfers i am very pleased with the capture of Bojan and Ospina. They are both great young players and will star in the future. Of course we are not done yet.

bojankrkic.jpg

Bojan had this to say on his move:

Owain Morris said all the right things. He showed me were he believes the club will go and who wouldnt want to join. I share his ambition and belief that this club will go places. I understand im not going to walk into the team but i will work my hardest and wait for my chance to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statistics

Top Scorer: Fernando Torres (3)

Top Performer: Sergio Aguero and Fernando Torres (9.00)

Worst Performer: Bojan (6.00)

Favored Team:

--------------------Coupet-----------------------

-----Ujfalusi---Pablo-----Heitinga------Miguel-----

-------------------------------------------------

-------------------Maxi Rodriguez-----------------

-Simao---------------------------------Luis Garcia

-----------------------Modric--------------------

---------------Torres------------Aguero----------

Subs:

Bojan

Maniche

Raul Garcia

Forlan

Ze Castro

Martin Caceres

Leo Franco

If it becomes to tiresome' date=' a la my Standard one, then don't do it for the fans, the fact I only had Luka reading helped the decision.[/quote']

Quite a lot of the times, including your one, I will read every post that the author makes... I won't comment on them but I do read them :)

Archived