Loaning Players Out

I've always placed my decent youngsters who are over 18-19 but not good enough for my first team on the loan list, and get a fair few bids

I never accept teams who come in asking for them to be cover for their squad, and I always accept the bids where they would become a valuble member of the first team

Is this always the right thing to do?

Obviously all my players come back with alot of first team playing team, but what about the training facilties at the better team that were only offering them rotation

And maybe it would of been better them staying with me, but only getting cup apperences, and the benefit of world class facilities?

from my experience it doesn't matter so much what the club says that hte loan player's role will be. IMO look at the club squad and see what players are on his position, to evaluate the possibility of him getting a fair amount of games. I always keep the "recall" option on every loan, therefor the club will then always just say that they want the player as a cover for the first team. In the end they usually do get playtime.

As for facilities... it is a fine line from my experience between lack of facilities and match experience... looks like the latter will work a bit better than just training though.

I would make sure the club has at least average facilities (unless you are a lower league club yourself of course) and that the recall option is on... if the player does NOT play for a few months, simply recall him and either see if someone else wants him for the transfer window or see how he develops in your own training.

Loan players out to reasonable feeder clubs. This way you can influence who goes where and judge better whether they will get some games under their belt.

I've always placed my decent youngsters who are over 18-19 but not good enough for my first team on the loan list, and get a fair few bids

I never accept teams who come in asking for them to be cover for their squad, and I always accept the bids where they would become a valuble member of the first team

Is this always the right thing to do?

Obviously all my players come back with alot of first team playing team, but what about the training facilties at the better team that were only offering them rotation

And maybe it would of been better them staying with me, but only getting cup apperences, and the benefit of world class facilities?

I always look at the status the player will have at the club as well but do also take into consideration the reputation and the league of the club that is asking to loan the player. I then often go back and check how the player is doing and how much he is playing. One thing that I feel needs to be added to the game is an option to tell the player that you are loaning him out to get first team experience and that he is part of your plans for the future! I really wish that SI would add that into the game!

I only do it if they'll be first team, not cover. However, when they make the offer, negotiate a recall clause if there isn't one. When they accept it usually the player's role will be different, and then you can decide.

And it means you can check each month if they're being players and, if not, you recall them.

Archived