FM 09 New Videos

Looked great! One slight annoyance, anyone notice the goal scorer 'sliding away' on one foot? I don't think thats the final version though as ive seen screenshots of match engines with stadiums in. I htink thas still a fairly old engine. Looks great though!

Yeah I noticed that, although judging from the titlebar on the window, it's probably an old Beta/preview code version and it's bound to have been fixed by now.

Great players that slide around the pitch. Another year with 2D for me. Seriously?! I mean come on, i have football games from the 90's that look better than that! How long have they been working on that engine?

Unless like stated above it may be a beta version but if not im gonna be ****ed of!

come on, its not that bad, and if you think about it, it is a slight notch better from having the 2d blobs, i mean, if this is like 90s, 2d is 80s don't you think?

its a nice option, and this game always leaves more to the imagination in terms of visual appeal, we knew that all along

Please note that in no way, shape or form I have said that these videos are from recently. I simply saw this link at a Spanish FM site, and pasted it here for people to watch. This could be from weeks, even months ago. Just thought I'd share it.

Cheers.

Well the video was posted two days ago so i doubt its months old maybe a couple weeks although surly theyd want to post new footage as soon as they got it?

Looked great! One slight annoyance, anyone notice the goal scorer 'sliding away' on one foot? I don't think thats the final version though as ive seen screenshots of match engines with stadiums in. I htink thas still a fairly old engine. Looks great though!
Just watched the match engine videos, the way the players move and pass the ball seems very wierd...doesn't seem natural.

My thoughts too. Slightly put me off but I wont judge it until I have a copy in my mits.

come on, its not that bad, and if you think about it, it is a slight notch better from having the 2d blobs, i mean, if this is like 90s, 2d is 80s don't you think?

its a nice option, and this game always leaves more to the imagination in terms of visual appeal, we knew that all along

I dread to think what the slide tackles will look like though? A sliding kung fu kick where you travel 40 yards in the air only to miss the ball?

Maybe i was expecting too much but that was poor IMO

Please note that in no way, shape or form I have said that these videos are from recently. I simply saw this link at a Spanish FM site, and pasted it here for people to watch. This could be from weeks, even months ago. Just thought I'd share it.

Cheers.

yeh, its definitely early footage, because the new screen shots look much more refined and with shadows. but these clips wet the appetite none the less! thanks mate

Well the video was posted two days ago so i doubt its months old maybe a couple weeks although surly theyd want to post new footage as soon as they got it?

The Gaming website or magazine, whatever it is will have been supplied with old code.

That prevents journos from being tempted to give their friends a shot (and no doubt end up on the net).

Its the bare minimum to give a journo enough to talk about in his preview without the risk of your game being leaked.

The most recent official screenshots and videos of a game are the things people should look at when they want to see the products actual state.

To those moaning about player movement or 3d graphics, just play it on 2d, its not like you are losing out on any features from the last game. Its still going to be a better game than 2008 if it is loosely based on the FML engine.

For me the 3d is an aside to all the normal goodies FM offers. I dont want Fifa graphics, I just want a better, more playable, more realistic FM than last year.

Oooh La La!, C'est magnifique!

I am going to have to buy a new (budget) PC though - damn you low RAM PC's with outdated graphic cards! God bless you SI.

Let's all write to Her Majesty so the Collyer brothers & Miles can all get knighted! (Sadly, I am serious!)

I thought they did away with farrows and barrows? The last video shows them there in the tactics screen?

When you select forward runs on often, you will see an arrow forward on the tactical screen, same goes with FWR rarely = arrow back on the tactical screen.

Seen the videos and they are looking rather good. Obviously on a normal sized viewing screen and everything all crystal clear I've no doubts it will look even better.

Yeah, I saw the floating player, and I'm sure that if it is still in the retail version of the game it will be corrected with a patch of some sort.

Looking forward to trying the demo, although unlikely I'll be buying the game on release day, many reasons which I won't go into detail here, although at the moment I have an epic of a game going on, on FM08.

Archived