What will run better with FM ? XP or VISTA ??

So do you think i would be better of re-installing my home edition of windows because all i have is 1GB of RAM and i'm using VISTA or should i just buy more RAM ??

I would buy more RAM. I'm using Vista myself with 2 GB of RAM it works good.

i had vista running football manager ok with 3 GIG of ram but I never used the "Housewives" Aero look. Because of the spec difference and to get the most out of FM09 i reinstalled my laptop with Windows XP MCE the other night. The difference in speed on FM08 Vista and FM08 XP is quite a bit. So personally I would use XP.

I would go for XP mate

XP has less bugs and doesn't require 512MB RAM for the system to run... therefore XP is maximising the speed it can go at as the system isnt taking some of your RAM...

I have vista with 4GB RAM but thats only because XP wouldnt work on mine when i changed to it...

with vista either turn off aero or get 4gb ram -> vista with 4Gb = XP with 2Gb

Really? lol I know vista manage RAM slightly better than XP but honestly, I've certainly not noticed it that way round in reality... although I've also not had more than 2gb RAM for a vista system which it probably needs

But of course the same spec system on XP would have more time for apps than the same spec system with Vista... vista needs more resources. There's probably a threshold nodding towards MECAP where the difference is negligible because of vistas management of resources but if you don't have some monster I'd say XP'd perform better, for the game itself.

Archived