What happens if in future FM's there are no features to put it?

There will be a point when its impossible to put in features into the game because there won't be any left, of course they will have to be kept in with the realism. So I was thinking earlier that this may be a problem in the future. There is so much you can put in before it comes to an end.

Also is anyone worried about this?

THe situation you speak of is a LONG way off. Not that its a bad game, its a great game but to get to the point where it can't be improved or have new features added isn't happening anytime soon

Yeah I know but if you think about it hard enough you should realise that every year he game comes out its hard to even imagine what things could go in to improve the game. What I know is that major new features like the 3D may be less of a thing in future and more little features.

Yeah I know but if you think about it hard enough you should realise that every year he game comes out its hard to even imagine what things could go in to improve the game. What I know is that major new features like the 3D may be less of a thing in future and more little features.

Things can always refine though. Plus there will always be rules changes etc

• SI Staff

Remember football is always evolving as well so there will always be new things cropping up or changes that can be incorporated into the game.

That aside, we are not coming anywhere near close to running out of ideas. At our feature meetings we have the problem of having too many good ideas to implement rather than struggling to come up with any.

Remember football is always evolving as well so there will always be new things cropping up or changes that can be incorporated into the game.

That aside, we are not coming anywhere near close to running out of ideas. At our feature meetings we have the problem of having too many good ideas to implement rather than struggling to come up with any.

What was the one feature that was closest to being in the game but didn't make it?

Thats good to hear :)

What was the one feature that was closest to being in the game but didn't make it?

Good question, I'd like to know this too:)

For the topic, I don;t think it will matter. When FM(CM) first came out, I bet they never thought it would have board confidence, trial days.

There's always more to put into a game.

And if there's not, the graphical side of the game can ALWAYS be made better.

And, of course, they can always make it "Football Chairman", or "Football Director of Football", or "Football Manager with lots of gimmicky things", etc etc.

I wonder if in 3 or 4 versions time, these types of thigns will still be being posted on these forums? ...... What am i saying?!?! Of course they will!!!

ive thought about them running out of new things as well but i think its along long way off. also there is so much scope for improvement of the current features. communication between players, press, other manager etc could expand massively in my opinion. the visual side of things(3d) will be constantly evolving. i think that it is future generations that will have to worry about the lack of new features in fm.

my fear is that when they have come to a stage were thay cant do any more to the game then thay will decide to spoil it by makeing it into something else?

take farcry1 & farcry2, farcry1 is brillant. farcry2 looks good but is rubbish.

football manager is a game we all love & only needs added to NOT CHANGED IN ANYWAY "remember that si"

Archived