money power respect

On FM will a rich club have suprisingly high reputation? Eg what happned at chelsea and currently man city?

Money = Power = Respect = Reputation :)

Almost the most ridiculous thing I've heard today, and I've read a lot of DiscoStu94's comments;):D

Chelsea have absolutly no respect, infact most people hate them for their 'We can buy anyone if we through money around' attitude.

Man City are going the same way.

Almost the most ridiculous thing I've heard today, and I've read a lot of DiscoStu94's comments;):D

Chelsea have absolutly no respect, infact most people hate them for their 'We can buy anyone if we through money around' attitude.

This is true. When Arsenal won the league a few years ago I thought to myself (being a Man Utd fan) 'fair enough, they deserved it because they run the club the right way' but when Chelski won it i thought to myself 'they are pretty much cheating their way to the title, why can't they do it the same way every otehr team does?'.

Therefore Chelsea have no respect what so ever from me and I doubt they ever will, because the fact of the matter is that if they didn't have all the money they would be 4th/5th every year and nowhere near the top.

So no, money and power do not equal respect. Infact it's quite the opposite, money and power equal hatred from other clubs and fans.

The fans of other clubs may feel this way, but players probably dont. As soon as chelsea got Abramovich, players around the world sat up and took notice. THe money they had instantly made the attractive to big names because these players knew that if they signed:

1. They would get oodles of cash

2. Other big players would sign

3. They would win trophies

4. The club are finacially sound for as long as the big russian billionaire is around.

I think getting a massive injection of cash does instantly raise the reputation of a club, especially if it is a big league with a lot of press commentary.

This is true. When Arsenal won the league a few years ago I thought to myself (being a Man Utd fan) 'fair enough, they deserved it because they run the club the right way' but when Chelski won it i thought to myself 'they are pretty much cheating their way to the title, why can't they do it the same way every otehr team does?'.

Therefore Chelsea have no respect what so ever from me and I doubt they ever will, because the fact of the matter is that if they didn't have all the money they would be 4th/5th every year and nowhere near the top.

So no, money and power do not equal respect. Infact it's quite the opposite, money and power equal hatred from other clubs and fans.

Oh, come on!

DO you think Arsenal an Man U with their infantile players which are about to cry every time they are tackled or pushed have respect??? I wonder who could respect football teams with such players? Besides, they think that they are the best in the World and don't show any respect to the other teams. Pussies! They are a shame of English football and it's Sir All-ex and M.Wan-ker's faults because they made from them snotty girls. So it's better for them to play in female teams or go dancing. And they don't have money and don't buy anyone? Are you kidding me? Chelsea bought Sheva for a fantastic price but he wasn't useful for the team at all. You just envy that Chelsea have an experienced, stable and strong squad and they are the main title contenders!!! I do agree to this :rolleyes:

Oh, come on!

DO you think Arsenal an Man U with their infantile players which are about to cry every time they are tackled or pushed have respect??? I wonder who could respect football teams with such players? Besides, they think that they are the best in the World and don't show any respect to the other teams. Pussies! They are a shame of English football and it's Sir All-ex and M.Wan-ker's faults because they made from them snotty girls. So it's better for them to play in female teams or go dancing...You just envy that Chelsea have an experienced, stable and strong squad and they are the main title contenders!!!

You do realize, by spouting that immature fanboy rubbish, and putting it in a bigger size, ya know, so it's more right, makes people think less of Chelsea, or at least their fans, don't you?

A team with money should be able to get better players than a team with less money. it doesn't quite equate to a better reputation, just a sad indictment that everyone has a price.

If Carlisle United were suddenly bought by the richest man in the world, I'm pretty sure the quality of player signings would increase.....

No player should never be interested in signing for a team, he'll always have his price. It might be £1million a week, but he'd play for that team if he was paid enough.

Oh, come on!

DO you think Arsenal an Man U with their infantile players which are about to cry every time they are tackled or pushed have respect??? I wonder who could respect football teams with such players? Besides, they think that they are the best in the World and don't show any respect to the other teams. Pussies! They are a shame of English football and it's Sir All-ex and M.Wan-ker's faults because they made from them snotty girls. So it's better for them to play in female teams or go dancing. And they don't have money and don't buy anyone? Are you kidding me? Chelsea bought Sheva for a fantastic price but he wasn't useful for the team at all. You just envy that Chelsea have an experienced, stable and strong squad and they are the main title contenders!!! I do agree to this :rolleyes:

Someone's on the rag. :rolleyes:

Oh, come on!

I think that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. Of course Man Utd and arsenal are a "shame of English football", the team that has won the Champions League 3 times and a team (that despite I hate) went on a 49 match unbeaten run and has reached the latter stages of the Champions League many times. I think that maybe you're a Chelsea fan and are looking on your team through 'rose tinted spectacles'. I'll be the first to admit that Ronaldo can be a diver and a cheat as can some other United players but what about Drogba? And you've seen Frank lampard dive in the past aswell. Face up to the fact that you're not as amazing and that beacon of football morality that you think you are. What an idiot...

While I appreciate your point (I am a Chelsea fan and will try to be objective here), I would disagree.

What I didn't like was the rampant spending in the first and second Abramovich years - that was excessive and embarassing, point taken. What I disagree with is that Man Utd et al won the title without spending. They have spent plenty, Hargreaves, Rooney, Ronaldo (£13m for an unproven 17 year old is quite a lot), Berbatov, Nani, Carrick were all big money signings I think.

Added to that Chelsea's squad is now largely the same to last year's, with young players such as Di Santo, Sinclair, and hopefully Stoch being blooded into the first team at the moment. So I think it's unfair to label Chelsea's spending as being a reason for a lack of respect to be shown when teams like Utd, Real Madrid, etc. do it all the time for a longer period.

On topic - money should make a club's reputation greater in game, but not excessively so. It has to be supported by solid performances and big name signings to really up a club's reputation, in my opinion.

As I am not a fan of any of the top 4 teams in the EPL I feel I'm in a good position to say who is respected and who isn't.

Firstly Manchester United.

Whilst playing some eye catching and sometimes breathtaking football the attitude that some of their players have (Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand to name a few) is horrible. Sir Alex has a lot of respect, but again he occassionaly lets himself down with silly little comments. As for transfer policy, I don't know for sure if they have spent more or less than Chelsea but they have spent alot. £27 Mil for Rooney, £30 Mil for Ferdinand, £28 Mil for Veron, £20+ Mil for Van Nistelroy, £30 Mil for Berbatov, (if they get Tevez another £25 +). Thats not to mention other players such as Vidic, Ronaldo, Carrick and Hargreaves. So they do spend alot of money but I suppose the success of the team from the 90's when they won everything with the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Neville's, Butt etc has allowed them to do this.

Arsenal.

I like Arsenal as a club. A well run club who likes to play football the right way. There youth policy is probably the best in the country. Downfalls lie with the manager and the amount of foreign players. From an outsiders perspective it seems Wenger hates losing and I don't think he is very gracful in defeat, he also seems to prefer to bring in foreign players (including youngster) over British player, although I will admit that seems to be slowly changing with Walcott, Ramsey, Wiltshire.

Chelsea.

Where do I start. Roman Abromovich (I know thats not spelt right) has spent millions turning Chelsea into one of the best teams in the world, but he has interfered alot. Again from an outsiders point of view, it seems he brough Schevcenko to the club and his fall out with Mourhino meant Chelsea lost there best ever manager. The money they have spent has borded the absurd, £21 Mil for Wright-Philips, £20 Mil for Carvalho and many others including Joe Cole, Chech, Ferreria, Drogba, Veron, Crespo etc. My biggest gripe with Chelsea though is again their players. They seem to lack respect for officals and the opposition, John Terry getting in ref's faces, Ashley Cole refusing turning his back on the ref last season are just some of the things that really bug me. Then there is the whole Ashley Cole transfer saga that reared its ugly head in the papers and also the tapping up of Sven whilst he was England manager. Things are starting to look better for Chelsea though. Solari seems a decent enough bloke (although he did pee me off when he turned down the England job in public) and Chelsea also have tightened the purse strings a little, hopefully things will continue to improve and if they can get some of their players to sort out their attitudes (Terry, Cole. A, Drogba imparticular) then they might change a few minds.

Liverpool.

I can't really fault Liverpool in many respect. Yes they have spent alot of money, but not nearly as much as United or Chelsea. I do find them very boring to watch as a team though. Carragher runs his mouth a bit to often and Gerrard over the last few season seems to think they are the best team in the England which they have yet to prove in 18 years. Benitez squad rotation is laughable sometimes and the internal row between the owners not on frustrates their own fans but the neutral as well. They seem to have stopped producing young talent as well. I can't remember the last player who came through the ranks at Liverpool, probably Gerrard.

So here are my marks out of 10 for respect.

Manchester United 6/10

Arsenal 7/10

Chelsea 4/10

Liverpool 7/10

Those are my thoughts and opinions and I do realise people will agree/disagree but I do feel that I speak from an unbiased view point.

man u have bought themselves the league in the past few years Rooney, veron, ferdinand, berbatov etc

man u have bought themselves the league in the past few years Rooney, veron, ferdinand, berbatov etc

Yes, it had nothing to do with Alex Ferguson or the staff either, Man Utd just paid loads of money and bought the title, just like Chelsea did when Abramovich took over and when Real Madrid bought Galacticos.

Oh wait...

Yes, it had nothing to do with Alex Ferguson or the staff either, Man Utd just paid loads of money and bought the title, just like Chelsea did when Abramovich took over and when Real Madrid bought Galacticos.

Oh wait...

Exactly. Plus, the fact of the matter is that Man Utd have earned the right to spend money because they have been the most successful English club for the past 15 years and therefore have built up the finances to allow them to buy expensive players. Chelsea on the other hand had won hardly anything before Abromavitch took over and then all of a sudden they are getting money left, right and centre which they hadn't earnt at all.

Man Utd built their finances on being successful, Chelsea built their finances from having a rich chairman!

Exactly. Plus, the fact of the matter is that Man Utd have earned the right to spend money because they have been the most successful English club for the past 15 years and therefore have built up the finances to allow them to buy expensive players. Chelsea on the other hand had won hardly anything before Abromavitch took over and then all of a sudden they are getting money left, right and centre which they hadn't earnt at all.

Man Utd built their finances on being successful, Chelsea built their finances from having a rich chairman!

Cups

* FA Cup

Winners (4): 1970, 1997, 2000, 2007

Runners-up (4): 1915, 1967, 1994, 2002

* League Cup

Winners (4): 1965, 1998, 2005, 2007

Runners-up (2): 1972, 2008

* FA Charity Shield/Community Shield[64]

Winners (3): 1955, 2000, 2005

Runners-up (4): 1970, 1997, 2006, 2007

* Full Members Cup

Winners (2): 1986, 1990

European

* UEFA Champions League

Runners-up (1): 2007–08

* UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Winners (2): 1971, 1998

* European Super Cup

Winners (1): 1998

Tell you what... those Chelsea lot were a bunch of right no hopers before Abramovich weren't they!

This is an interesting question and one that I think really depends on from whoose perspective you are looking at it from. I will try to articulate what I mean.

Let's look at it from a fans point of view:

Clubs such as Chelsea, Man City, QPR and Blackburn (in the 90's) are generally not respected by opposing fans as they feel that all they have done is gone out and paid vast amounts of money on transfers and wages to 'buy' success. This has a knock-on effect where-by all other transfers & wages spirral out of control which opposing fans also don't like. Opposing fans don't respect many (if any) of the players at these clubs because they feel they are just after the next pay check, also the fans of the above clubs (and I know I'm being generalistic for which I apologise to those that this doesn't apply to!) seem to get unrealistic and inflated opinions of how successful their club now is/will be (witness the comments from V1adimir above) and take great pleasure in telling everyone how great they are.

Clubs such as Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool are generally not respected for different reasons, I think that all three are respected to a degree by other supporters as they have been there seen it and done it over many many seasons, maybe a little more for Man Utd & Arsenal recently as they play more attractive football, but I don't think they are liked by many! Man utd have spent big on certain players over the years but having said that no team in the top four have produced so many of their own players. AF has been at the club for 2 decades and has built up four different teams but he (like pretty much all top managers) has a very blinkered view of what goes on in a match and does moan about things when they don't go his way (also see the same for Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez and I'm sure Scolari given time and a few bad results!) which doesn't help, but they would argue that they are only looking out for their club & players, some players in each of the 'big four' do dive and make the most of any contact to win a freekick/penalty but can any supporter of any professional club honestly hold their hands up and say that none of their players have ever dived/over re-acted to get a decision? The issue here I think is two-fold, firstly the bigger clubs are on TV more regulalrly and therefore analysed more. This then causes the second problem which is that because of this the big clubs seem to be favoured by the referee's by opposing fans (and yes maybe when they are playing at home it is harder for a referee to give a penalty against them, but I doubt you would ever get a ref actually admitting that!). All this adds up to opposing fans (and lets forget about the rivalries between these clubs fans as very few would admit they respect the others) not liking the above teams and to a certain degree not respecting them as much as they could do from a footballing achievement point.

Ok so how about from a players point of view:

Clubs such as Chelsea, Man City, QPR and Blackburn (in the 90's), when they first get their mountains of cash (in each case) they aren't a currently successful side and so their team can obviously do with strengthening. Over-night these clubs become very attractive to players not just because of the possibility of high wages but also because they know that potentially the club could become successful and most players want to play for a team that wins trophies. So when a few top players (and the actual quality of these players will be relative to the league they are in!) have moved then the club is respected by opposing players who either realise that they have a good side or are now attracted to playing for them.

Clubs such as Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool (and any club that has been consistantly successful over the last 40 years) are and as long as they stay relatively successful will always be respected by players

So to sum up I think that fans will and probably do respect teams that have been successful over a long period of time (however grudgingly they admit it!) even if they don't like their players/fans or managers. The clubs that inherit loads of money are generally not respected initially but if they are continually successful then probably will one day. However players will only (generally) look at their playing career and so will respect the clubs from a professional point of view much more quickly.

I would say the equation should be - Money = Power = Players Respect, then if Successful over time = Fans Respect

I think that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. Of course Man Utd and arsenal are a "shame of English football", the team that has won the Champions League 3 times and a team (that despite I hate) went on a 49 match unbeaten run and has reached the latter stages of the Champions League many times. I think that maybe you're a Chelsea fan and are looking on your team through 'rose tinted spectacles'. I'll be the first to admit that Ronaldo can be a diver and a cheat as can some other United players but what about Drogba? And you've seen Frank lampard dive in the past aswell. Face up to the fact that you're not as amazing and that beacon of football morality that you think you are. What an idiot...

So, you have nothing to say and decided to make it personal??? I guess you are a loser then :thdn: Besides I didn't mean the results, I meant the way they complain every time to refs and their attitude to the others... Drogba hasn't dived for a long time already. Lamps dives? Bad joke!

Cups

* FA Cup

Winners (4): 1970, 1997, 2000, 2007

Runners-up (4): 1915, 1967, 1994, 2002

* League Cup

Winners (4): 1965, 1998, 2005, 2007

Runners-up (2): 1972, 2008

* FA Charity Shield/Community Shield[64]

Winners (3): 1955, 2000, 2005

Runners-up (4): 1970, 1997, 2006, 2007

* Full Members Cup

Winners (2): 1986, 1990

European

* UEFA Champions League

* UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Winners (2): 1971, 1998

* European Super Cup

Winners (1): 1998

Tell you what... those Chelsea lot were a bunch of right no hopers before Abramovich weren't they!

Everything in bold is post Abramovich! Lets be fair, they had been around for 98 years before Abramovich, where just about to go bankrupt and hadn't exactly won alot when compared to alot of other clubs! See below:

Club Top division titles

Arsenal = 13

Aston Villa = 7

Blackburn Rovers = 3

Chelsea = 3

Everton = 9

Liverpool = 18

Manchester United = 17

Newcastle United = 4

Sunderland = 6

I updated my game with the editor and gave Man City lots of money, but when i had offers accepted for Robinho and other players they were not intrested in signing? I offered him 120k(Robinho) a week but he still felt a move to Man City was a move in the wrong direction. So i think they would have to have a higher rep on the game than they did on Fm 08 or else no players will want to join.

* UEFA Champions League

Yea they were, and hadn't won the league since 1955 without Abramovich. Think that is the point Harryseaess was trying to make, Man Utd is spending money gained from becoming world renowned for their success within the game, Chelsea wasn't renowned for much of anything until the coffers were overflowing.

So, you have nothing to say and decided to make it personal??? I guess you are a loser then :thdn: Besides I didn't mean the results, I meant the way they complain every time to refs and their attitude to the others... Drogba hasn't dived for a long time already. Lamps dives? Bad joke!

What about your attitude towards United and Arsenal? And your questioning our attitude to others, what about Ashley Cole last season having a go at the ref? It happens in many teams, none are perfect, you're just choosing Arsenal and United because you hate them. And I refer you to this video which shows you just what I was talking about with Lampard diving:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ypR87D6kDyg

I updated my game with the editor and gave Man City lots of money, but when i had offers accepted for Robinho and other players they were not intrested in signing? I offered him 120k(Robinho) a week but he still felt a move to Man City was a move in the wrong direction. So i think they would have to have a higher rep on the game than they did on Fm 08 or else no players will want to join.

FM doesn't take into account Robinho's greed, and assumes a player wouldn't want to move from a first team place on Real Madrid to Man City based purely on money.

Yeah true, but proves a player will join if you offer him alot of money( same with alot of players that went to Chelsea because of the high wages) But on the game you can offer them ridiculously high wages but they still will not join when most players have there price especially to play in the Prem League.

Plus don't forget Real Madrid tried to get rid of Robinho to fund the money to go for Cristiano Ronaldo so i do not blame Robinho for wanting to leave where he was not needed.

I can't really fault Liverpool in many respect. Yes they have spent alot of money, but not nearly as much as United or Chelsea. .

Sorry but I have to disagree, if you look at spending of Liverpool and Man Utd since the 2003-2004 season you will see that Liverpool have spent more:

Season 03/04 04/05 05/06 06/07 07/08 08/09 Total

Liverpool 16.25 17.05 22.9 1.85 28.4 56.5 £142.95 million

Man United 12.7 16.15 1.0 7.1 43.1 30.0 £110.05 million

See, Liverpool have spent a fair amount more. However Chelsea are miles ahead of both.

If you you want to make it happen by editing the game you should increase your club's reputation to at leat 9000-9500. Only in this case you can sign world famous players like Robinho. So, what happened in RL is a little bit contradictory...

Sorry but I have to disagree, if you look at spending of Liverpool and Man Utd since the 2003-2004 season you will see that Liverpool have spent more:

Season      03/04    04/05    05/06   06/07   07/08    08/09   Total
Liverpool   16.25    17.05    22.9     1.85    28.4    56.5    £142.95 million 
Man United   12.7    16.15     1.0      7.1    43.1    30.0    £110.05 million

See, Liverpool have spent a fair amount more. However Chelsea are miles ahead of both.

Do you have the money gained from players going out by any chance?

Yea they were, and hadn't won the league since 1955 without Abramovich. Think that is the point Harryseaess was trying to make, Man Utd is spending money gained from becoming world renowned for their success within the game, Chelsea wasn't renowned for much of anything until the coffers were overflowing.

Agreed, Chelsea hadn't been league winners, and Utd and Liverpool had dominated for a long time, however in the 90s we were winning trophies and although about to go bankrupt, had qualified for the Champions League in the season just before Abramovich bought the club.

Success and history isn't measured solely in trophies. While the money is nice and the current success is brilliant for the success of the club, I'll still not forget that once Chelsea were in the 2nd division making soggy trips to Grimsby et al week in week out. I wasn't around then but still appreciate what I'm lucky to witness now as a fan during this time of success.

I don't see how else you expect me to respond... the club is very privileged to have a benefactor like Abramovich, and I know for sure the fans who were around before him like myself appreciate it. We're not going to say we don't welcome the cash injection and don't want top players to play for the club... that's what every fan wants to see ultimately - their club being successful with an exciting playing staff.

IMO, Anyone who says Chelsea buys the league with Roman's money is just plain jealous.

Face it people you're just plain jealous of Roman!

Are you telling me that Man Utd or Liverpool don't spend on players ?

(As someone pointed out, £27 Mil for Rooney, £30 Mil for Ferdinand, £28 Mil for Veron, £20+ Mil for Van Nistelroy, £30 Mil for Berbatov, and if they get Tevez another £25 Mil - hardly the type of cash you find in everyday man's pocket)

And Liverpool, they buy around 5 players on average totally costing upto around 30-50 Mil each year. That's not spending money ?

Are you telling me that Man Utd or Liverpool don't spend on players ?

(As someone pointed out, £27 Mil for Rooney, £30 Mil for Ferdinand, £28 Mil for Veron, £20+ Mil for Van Nistelroy, £30 Mil for Berbatov

You could've just said £17M for Hargreaves, that's a big "'nuff said"!

Well as a Portsmouth fan i have no respect whatsoever for man utd and chelsea fans because most of them are all glory hunters anyway. All of my mates that support them have never seen them play and hav only become fans because they see them as sucessful.

Do you live in Manchester though? If you go to Machester many of the United fans there are United fans because it's been passed down from generation to generation as it has with me. My great grandfather was a United fan as was my Grandad and my dad is. I do admit that there are many fans out there who don't live anywhere near Manchester and have only become fans because they see United doing well but you can hardly blame the club for attracting those fans.

Thank you for trying to be a smart-arse.

You do realise this is a FM forum, so i am talking about FM. and i was only making the point that if on fm a team gets taken over and becomes rich, they should be able to sign better players, who have a better reputation. And to attract players with a better reputation, the team must have a beter reputation.

bad examples here but i hope you get my point.

So if there were 2 teams exactly the same history but 1 was on the verge of bankrupcy and the other had billions and they bother offered free agents the exact same contract the player would go to the richer 1

or

would robinho even consider man city before they got billions? the billions obviously gave the club a higher reputation for robinho to consider the move

Money = Better players = better results = better reputation

But to het the better players, the teams reputation must be increased in the first place.

Manchester City aren't going the same way as Chelsea. They have a good, down to earth manager who is just looking to improve the team. He is not after the big superstars and the board have made it very clear that he is in charge of all transfers in and out. I'm pretty sure they're not happy with the results at the moment eg. Boro and Wigan losses (no dis-respect to fans of these clubs) but i'm sure in January if they add a left back and a tenacious midfielder they can be in the top six and possibly crack the top 4 next season.

I'm a Man City fan and i'm not disillusioned to the fact Villa are ahead of us in the race to crack the top four. We have Robinho and many other talented players but so do they.

City is a work in progress and even though we have all this money, we haven't spent any of it yet. We're not aiming to be a Chelsea and are purely looking to buy players to improve the squad and possibly turn us into a top 4 side. The money we have will just aid us in looking to recruit better players than we could before. For me City's reputation shouldn't be increased too much in FM09. Maybe we should have the 5th or 6th highest in the Prem?

Thank you for trying to be a smart-arse.

You do realise this is a FM forum, so i am talking about FM. and i was only making the point that if on fm

If that is the case, perhaps you should not have said:

On FM will a rich club have suprisingly high reputation? Eg what happned at chelsea and currently man city?

Money = Power = Respect = Reputation :)

Seems like you're taking about the real world there. ;)

What about your new owner saying he will spend **** loads of money on players such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi etc. Surely you're going to have to spend loads of money to buy those sorts of players?

I think money will be available, but those players won't come to you.

I'm a Liverpool fan and I must admit that I was a huge fan of Chelsea in the Zola days. His heel flick goal off a corner kick was mint.

Sparky seems like he has his head screwed on tight enough; I think he will cast the rule over potential transfers and figure out whether they are going to assist City in reaching their goals. I suppose it just depends on whether the ruling party leave him to do his job, or will watch some youtube videos on a 100" plasma screen tv of star players and demand that they be bought.

If that is the case, perhaps you should not have said:

Seems like you're taking about the real world there. ;)

So the game shouldnt reflect real life?

And if you read the original post i beleive it says "ON FM"

And are you dumb?

We are in "Football Manager Forums > PC/Mac General Discussion" not, "Non SI/game related > Off Topic Discussion" or "Football Talk".

1,181 posts and you dont know the difference.

What im saying is everyone was talking about thier respect for teams and thier fans. That is not the case in FM teams dont have respect and certainly thier fans dont. Money Power Respect is a saying which is why i origionally used it.but what im sayin bottom line is. More Money = More Respect (sensibly im not on about a QPR now thier rich being able to sign UEFA quality players)

even though in FM they were given the money they couldnt hold on to robinho.

My point exactly. Money (should)= Reputation

Make up your mind. First it's a reflection of the real world like Chelsea and City, then it's strictly about FM because you insult someone for suggesting otherwise, now it's back to 'it should reflect real life'?

Read the whole thread first mate.

That was an example that i was using to get across my point of what should happen in FM of what does happen in real life, but not, as of yet, happen in FM.

Archived