I am going to buy a psp and fm09. Is it worth it?

I am a fm nut and get a lot of free time on the road and away from home. so i was toying with the idea of getting a psp and the psp version of fm09, aswell as the pc version for home use. but i dont know anyone who has played any previous fm games on the psp. my opinion of the psp is well um how do i put it.............. Their *****. but i would be willing to give the psp a chance if i got the nod from some other fm nuts that it was worth while.

Cheers

PSP + FMH (definitely 08 and no doubt 09) = Portable Gaming Heaven

You only get text commentary in 08, although many people including myself have always found that very exciting and involving, and you still don't get whole matches played out in the 2D match engine in 09 apparently (not that you'd want to though), but the PSP is well worth buying just for the FMH games alone. And as for people saying there are no other good games for the PSP, I strongly disagree, and can name many many excellent PSP games. The Nintendo DS will never be able to support FMH (at least not without a major overhaul), which is why the PSP is always going to be the winner :)

The biggest problem I have with the FMH games is when my team makes a great comeback/gets promoted/wins a cup or something and I have to restrain myself because I'm in public.

Well i've just woken up after nearly having a heart attack and physically being sick, then preceding to bang my head against a wall until i black out.

At least that's what i felt like doing, you know what i'm talking about B10!

As for the PSP, it's a must buy imo, great for long journey's and generally playing anywhere, and to answer your question FMH Rules!

I'm now going to bed, to cry myself to sleep.

Laters.

thanks for the response guys. i will get my missus to get me a psp and fmh for xmas from her and the kids. i will let you know how i get on with it.

p.s.

are there any other good games out on it...........

i used to love final fantasy 7 as a kid.

Cheers

Any of the Metal Gear games on PSP... You can't go wrong with them :thup:

Yeah although bear in mind that Metal Gear Acid 1&2 are turn-based and card-based - not everyone likes them. I love them myself though.

I would also highly recommend:

Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories

Grand Theft Auto : Vice City Stories

Final Fantasy Tactics : The War of the Lions

(Final Fantasy 1 is out now too, but I think I'll give that a miss)

Crisis Core : Final Fantasy VII (haven't got this yet but can't wait to get it)

Wipeout Pure (and Wipeout Pulse is supposed to be great too)

Burnout Legends

Also look at

http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?type=top_rated&platform=1024&mode=all&sort=score&dlx_type=all&date_filter=all&sortdir=asc&official=all%20%BB

Of course all of these games will no doubt end up just being a short-term distraction from FMH 09 :D

If i were you i'd take Fifa back and trade it for PES2008, i bought the new Fifa for the PSP and it's rubbish, PES is so much better!

Some suggestions for you,

Pro Evo 2008 - Easily beats Fifa

God of War: Chains of Olympus - Absolutely excellent game, so, so good.

The Warriors - Essentially a PS2 port but still a cracking game

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - Another great sports game, lots of replayability

Virtua Tennis 3 - Again, a great sports game with replayability.

There's more but that's a few i could think of.

:thup:

If i were you i'd take Fifa back and trade it for PES2008, i bought the new Fifa for the PSP and it's rubbish, PES is so much better!:thup:

Quotes taken from Gamespot Reveiws

Pro Evolution 2008 is a decent football experience and offers a wide variety of game types, a heap of customization, and a solid game of football. On the downside, it hasn't evolved at all since the last outing and has failed to improve on past weaknesses, including the lack of both licensed teams and online play. If you're willing to overlook these omissions or want updated rosters from last year's, then PES 2008 could be worth the investment, but otherwise there's little reason to upgrade.

FIFA 08 does pretty much everything that you could ask of a PSP football game. It boasts mountains of varied features, takes advantage of the console's hardware features, and is a fun game to play, too. Sure, there are modes from the other versions of FIFA 08 that could be added--notably, be a pro--but that's compensated for by plenty of PSP-specific offerings. The gameplay and AI could definitely be tightened up, but otherwise, this is a good portable version of a solid football game.

I am still busy with FMH08 but it seems like the PES days are ending as Fifa finally gets its act together.

Tbh i don't rate gamespot reviews at all, maybe on the next gen consoles, Fifa is catching up and tbh i've always been a Fifa player.

However the gameplay is horrible on the PSP, seriously everythings just pre set animations, on PES it's a much more realistic football experience.

In the end it really comes down to the the person who's playing it.

Well imo FIFA has better gameplay than PES, most of my friends like PES better though. I will probz get both of them and both FM09 and FMH09 :).

fifa has better gameplay??? you must be joking!!! pes gameplay is better by miles. The only advantage fifa has is licences and more leagues.

Have you seen the new series of games out? They're called "Playstation Network Collection" and they have 3 games on each UMD. At the moment, there is only two of these collections but, maybe, Square will do this with their FF series... How many FF games are on PSP?

Archived