'Play in background'

During career games I play with about 55 leagues all playable (who knows where I'll end up) but then in the league details after starting the game I turn off the play full matches for all leagues that don't pertain to my region at that time. I don't really notice a difference in loading times until I'm about a decade or so in but its never become overly slow, never as slow as FM07 even.

During career games I play with about 55 leagues all playable (who knows where I'll end up) but then in the league details after starting the game I turn off the play full matches for all leagues that don't pertain to my region at that time. I don't really notice a difference in loading times until I'm about a decade or so in but its never become overly slow, never as slow as FM07 even.

How long are your loading times between days and what is your processor speed and RAM?

How can i tell what leagues are playable when ive started a game (or even make leagues playable or unplayable),,where can i find out all this after ive started a game cus i didnt know you can change how many leagues you can run.

Go to your game details

How long are your loading times between days and what is your processor speed and RAM?

Between days are a couple seconds at the start then slower and slower as the game progresses, my largest save right now is 2033 and it takes about 10 seconds between days, maybe 20 if its international play. 4GB but win xp recognizes like 3.2 or something of it and processor is overclocked to 3ghz right now, intel e6850.

How can i tell what leagues are playable when ive started a game (or even make leagues playable or unplayable),,where can i find out all this after ive started a game cus i didnt know you can change how many leagues you can run.

You can't change the playable leagues after you've started a game.

Okay ive gone to the details section and it seems i can change things,,,what is the best setting to use (at the moment its on default) what would changing this do will it add anything to the game?

As far as I can recall on it, the difference between being played in full or lesser details is that you can look at the highlights etc or not and I see games tend to lean towards the team with a higher rep rather than the better players if the games are in lesser detail.

I always just set the leagues / comps that I'm in or want to follow on and put the rest on minimum except for the top leagues/comps around the world and international.

Okay ive gone to the details section and it seems i can change things,,,what is the best setting to use (at the moment its on default) what would changing this do will it add anything to the game?

If you lower the detail levels, you'll see the game run faster. If you increase them, you'll get more "accurate" results (ie better attributes are more likely to win).

You can't completely remove any playable leagues though, just set them to no detail.

If you're managing in a league, it will automatically go to the highest setting.

I start off with loads of leagues because I like to have huge options open to me in a journeyman game. E.g. starting off at a low league German club, going through Holland and ending up back in English Premier League in the end if I can.

However, I would like the option of being able to make leagues unplayable again because once I've reached national in the UK, im not realistically going to go back to the German regional division. Basically start trimming the leagues down.

Can anyone tell me if I'm right here?

If I selected every single league and had them all on play in background except the English Leagues, would I then have every player in the game available to me and would it be quicker to process (for my computer) then selecting all of them to play in?

Thanks in advance.

You would need to select load players from every single nation at the bottom of the screen after pressing adavnced when creating yourself at the start. Will take you ages.

Can just use a file that retains all players automatically.

But that is one thing that I HOPE they have in FM09 is the ability to save your create new game setups so all the nations AND load players from options you select can be auto selected again.

Archived