anyone an expert on hong kong football?!

Ive found something rather puzzling whilst managing in h/k and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it for me? i managed first off at HKFC, and did very well until they got taken over and the chairman sacked me after 17 titles in 23 years! anyways, thats another story! i managed to sign a lot of players who had English as 2nd nationality, so they weren't classed as "foreign" in my team, so it really helped, especially for the ACL. those who didn't have English as a 2nd Nationality, were gaining days towards it on their profiles. NOT towards gaining Hong Kong as nationality. now, when i have started a new game, and taken over at Fukien, any players like this, with English as 2nd nationality, are considered "foreign" and are gaining days towards Hong Kong nationality. why is this?? I'm all confuzzled! :confused:

Ive found something rather puzzling whilst managing in h/k and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it for me? i managed first off at HKFC, and did every well until they got taken over and the chairman sacked me after 17 titles in 23 years! anyways, thats another story! i managed to sign a lot of players who had English as 2nd nationality, so they weren't classed as "foreign" in my team, so it really helped, especially for the ACL. those who didn't have English as a 2nd Nationality, were gaining days towards it on their profiles. NOT towards gaining Hong Kong as nationality. now, when i have started a new game, and taken over at Fukien, any players like this, with English as 2nd nationality, are considered "foreign" and are gaining days towards Hong Kong nationality. why is this?? I'm all confuzzled! :confused:

Maybe because HKFC's chairman is British and Fukien's chairman is Hongkongese!?

Or because HKFC are amateur and Fukien are semi professional!?

I live in HK and I know that HKFC is the biggest 'old boys club' there is. So many of the players there, whether it be in the first team or all the way down tot he more social teams are selected because they are mates with someone.

When you want to join HKFC, the first thing you have to do is go for a drink or have a lunch with a couple of the coaches there so they can see if they like you. Only then do you get a trial. It doesnt always come down to you ability when trying to get in. (no bitterness from me after my knock back of course!)

If you are British in HK, you are a foreigner but you are allowed to stay without a visa for 3 months (no working allowed in that time though). If you want to stay longer you have to apply for a residents visa, or if you want to work, you have to apply for a working visa.

So i do not understand why your HKFC guys were being considered non-foreign.

This post in no way helps you, but i thought i owed it to my hong kongese chums to post a response and to release some HKFC deamons

Maybe because HKFC's chairman is British and Fukien's chairman is Hongkongese!?

Or because HKFC are amateur and Fukien are semi professional!?

afaik, its neither of these. they dont have any bearing on what nationality players can get.

its gotta be something to do with how the club is set up. i forgot to mention the regens that come through HKFC's u-18 team, a lot of them are born in places in England, and are dual nationality English and Hong Kong, whereas at FUkien, theyre alll just Hong Kong....

I think that the clubs have different rules sometimes, as Lucky Miles' greyed out players are all English with HK second nationality. It's odd, but i guess yo just need to adapt and get used to it.

yeah i realised last night the same applies to Lucky Mile, so its gotta be something in the rules. im not particularly bothered by it, although it does seem to me that it makes the game a lot easier for these two clubs!

check the location of the two clubs cause that might have something to do with it also did you put in a patch between the two games you played.

p.s. sorry i am not an expert on honk kong football

location of them both is Hong Kong, as are their stadia. and nope, no new patches or anything installed of late, been on 8.02 for ages...

Archived