Football Manager 2009 trailer

• SI Staff

A 70 second version of what will become the TV advert for Football Manager 2009 has just been made available at www.youtube.co.uk/sigames

The TV ad, which will be 20 seconds, will first be seen on Tuesday, November 4th, during the Champions League matches on UK TV.

This is the first time that we've done TV advertising in the UK, so we're pretty excited about it.

At some point next week, once the demo is out, I'll also post about some of the other marketing plans and promotions around the game in different countries, and reveal all about the "FM Club"...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first scene(s) look quite good, namely the press-conference bit.

Unfortunately, as was an issue with last years 'If' advert, the limitations of the budget do come through with the on-the-field action.

Nitpicky, would have gone with:

"Why do you put yourself through this?"

"Well, it's the greatest job on earth"

Well, first of all release day 14th November. Same day as CoD:World at War. If i was still deciding which one to buy that advert would not swing me towards Footy man.

Hahahaha! wtf? COD5... Who fu**ing cares about that game? Real FM-fans only play one game: Football Manager.

Thanks for the trailer. If 2k8trailer was 5/5 this is 3,5/5. Still like it!

Like what others have said, I don't think that it highlights the fact that it is a Football game.

It looks a bit like an advertisment for a football match, "The biggest match of the year - only on ITV" sort of thing...

But it is very well made, and should catch the attention of many football fans. Putting it on in the breaks of the CL is clever too. But I dread to think how much it cost!

I'm not that impressed either. It's ok but there is nothing to show it is a management game except for the fm logo at the end. I can see this being one of those ads that you know you've seen but don't remember what it's about.

The TV ad is looking to entice new users to the game, who wouldn't know whether there has been, or hasn't been, 3d in the past.

The print ads, and box, and online ads, will highlight the 3d match engine.

If it's for enticing new users to the game then shouldn't there be at least some in game footage to show what the game's about?

This is not FIFA or PES, it's FM. If you put footage of the game it will look simple and boring for the untrained eye. That's why SI has to go with the essence of the game. I understand how an ad is supposed to catch new buyer's eyes, but that "That's what I do" made me feel strangely proud of being part of this community and this game. Being a lower leagues manager as I am, "That's what I do" is just spot on to what I get out of this game. I love the ad.

Archived