Which laptop would you choose..?

Max £450, most important things are processing speedm hard drive space doesnt need to be 200gb, 120 would get by

I know zilch about computers but being in the same boat as you, I've been doing some research with my dad (who's a boffin on such things) and I have to say I doubt you'll be able to find a laptop that does little more than just about scrape the minimum spec for £450.

I know zilch about computers but being in the same boat as you, I've been doing some research with my dad (who's a boffin on such things) and I have to say I doubt you'll be able to find a laptop that does little more than just about scrape the minimum spec for £450.

agreed if you could push up to about £527 you can get a dell vostro 1510,

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5870 (2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB)

3072MB (1x2048 & 1x1024) 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel

256 MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS (64 bit) Graphic Card

250GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive

Free delivery if your purchase today lol

I'm not even sure if I'll use 3D and I rarely have more than 10 playable leagues, and that has got by on a 6 year old Dell desktop, with 512mb and numerous other problems, so compared to the performance levels on that any of those 3 should see a great improvement i guess

I'm not even sure if I'll use 3D and I rarely have more than 10 playable leagues, and that has got by on a 6 year old Dell desktop, with 512mb and numerous other problems, so compared to the performance levels on that any of those 3 should see a great improvement i guess

Do you really want to completely limit yourself to 2D unless you absolutely have to?

I'm starting to think SI ought to subsidise those of us who need to get a new computer to play their damn addictive game! I want 20% of the cost of a new laptop back, please. If enough of us make placards and march down to SI Towers, we can make this happen!

If you have time benji, my tip for you is to look on the ALDI website (no joke- im serious)

Every thursday and sunday theu have special offers directly from big PC companies like Sony and Medion who give them a small number of laptops to flog at half the RRP.

I got my laptop about 2 years ago, top of the range down from £1200 to £600 in ALDI- still works fine now and still top of the range by the current standards (4GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive, 256MB graphics card, HD widescreen, TV card and software included, HD soundcard)

Worth having a look on their website/pop in store and have a look- you can sometimes find a real bargain!!!

Archived