process power

hi thanks for the reply

win xp all up to date

just firefox in the background oh and avg antivirus

i have a few graphic packs installed but nothing ott and use the standard skin etc

just every few minutes my mouse pointer starts sticking pc slows down and fm peaks at around 99% processing power its pretty anoying to say the least

fist things i would do is to run an anti-spy program/anti-virus scans (etc) then a defrag of the hard drive. Make sure drivers etc are up to date, and try it again. If you still have problems im sure people more qualified then myself shall reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonsterMasch:

does anyone else get system slowdown when playing fm i get it every so often when playing sometimes it even peaks at 99% process power

system is duo core with 2meg ram so doubt it should be slowing me down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With 2meg of ram, i'm surprised it even runs.

(I'm kidding, i know he means gig.)

I understood your set up when you said gig more then i understand another thread that says he has a dual core cpu but 896 RAM - I can understand your mistake but his set up makes me scratch my head and think urm

This has nothing to do with ram.

The game uses as much processing power as it can get its hands on. Try unticking the threading box, dependendt on how SI have implemented the multi threading it may not use up both of your cores allowing firefox et al to work on the other.

Also if you antivirus is crunching along as well as FM it could really eat your CPU cycles.

Archived