Female managers in FM2009

TBH When the game starts every player in the team the female manager picks should have UNH and REQ next to their name as no proper proffesional player would ever want to play for a woman.

The players are more understanding if u have no experience but are male. Imagine a woman telling roy keane what to do lol.

But to be realistic there should be major revolts within footballers in the game ( like mike newell saying how it is re women linesman )

TBH When the game starts every player in the team the female manager picks should have UNH and REQ next to their name as no proper proffesional player would ever want to play for a woman.

The players are more understanding if u have no experience but are male. Imagine a woman telling roy keane what to do lol.

But to be realistic there should be major revolts within footballers in the game ( like mike newell saying how it is re women linesman )

Well, lets assume that sexism is non-existent in the game, just like racism and age-ism and heightism and any other kind of prejudice.

I'm sure i will get comebacks from this now and people saying i'm being sexist but here we go.

For a game which is trying to be realistic why have they added this option to the game?? I may be wrong here but are there any Female managers that manage MALE football teams??? unless they have added female leagues and players into the game too ( please tell me if im wrong )

Seems a complete pointless feature in my opinion.

I'm sure i will get comebacks from this now and people saying i'm being sexist but here we go.

For a game which is trying to be realistic why have they added this option to the game?? I may be wrong here but are there any Female managers that manage MALE football teams??? unless they have added female leagues and players into the game too ( please tell me if im wrong )

Because women play the game too.

I have never met a woman who has, and its a male game though?!?!?!? its meant to be realistic do you not see my point

There are girls who post on here. Though with some of the comments in this thread, can see why they wouldn't come forward...

For every single debate/argument on these forums there is always the "it is/isn't realistic" comment.

In this case, can't we just accept that you can be female on this game? Its not like someone, playing on a different computer to you, and being female, will cause you harm or pain is it? Its porbably going to be nice for the many women that do play this game to be recognised as their correct gender.

Bear in mind how far things have come in football. Female refs, lineswomen, womens football more popular and more skillful. yes, there is a long way to go, but who is to say in the future you won't get female managers? While not a manager, Karen Brady has been high profile for many years and is recognised by most as being talented at her job. But there will always be those few who cannot look beyond her gender.

I have never met a woman who has, and its a male game though?!?!?!? its meant to be realistic do you not see my point

Just because you don't know any, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I do see your point but look at it this way - women are happy because it's included AND you don't have to use it so it doesn't affect your game.

For every single debate/argument on these forums there is always the "it is/isn't realistic" comment.

In this case, can't we just accept that you can be female on this game? Its not like someone, playing on a different computer to you, and being female, will cause you harm or pain is it? Its porbably going to be nice for the many women that do play this game to be recognised as their correct gender.

Bear in mind how far things have come in football. Female refs, lineswomen, womens football more popular and more skillful. yes, there is a long way to go, but who is to say in the future you won't get female managers? While not a manager, Karen Brady has been high profile for many years and is recognised by most as being talented at her job. But there will always be those few who cannot look beyond her gender.

Your are being dumb mate. that is not my arguement i am not saying women can never have these roles in REAL life, i am saying in this present time and this game what is the point when there is no other female managers managing big clubs/male clubs. i am not saying they shouldnt be allowed too i would welcome it like many others would. Personally speaking though i don't think women will ever be able to become managers etc in male football because as you said people wouldnt be able to look past their gender ( ie players etc )

We all know that FM is already pretty damn realistic. But there are always going to areas where realism will have to take a backseat. One example is player transfers and contracts. Even old-fashioned British-style managers probably don't have the control over transfers and certainly contracts that we get in the game. But you can't take that away from us because not only does it reduce the fun level, it also puts you on a slippery slope where you start taking away the amount of things that you actually do. And what sort of a game would that be?

Female managers is another area where we have to hold realism at bay. In real life, we know it is unlikely, if not impossible, that we will be seeing a female manager, or at least a number of female managers, any time soon. However, FM is a game, and one that women do play. So let's let them manage as a member of their own gender.

How does it affect you if a woman playing the game she bought sets herself as a female? It won't impact at all on the realism of your game.

Your are being dumb mate. that is not my arguement i am not saying women can never have these roles in REAL life, i am saying in this present time and this game what is the point when there is no other female managers managing big clubs/male clubs. i am not saying they shouldnt be allowed too i would welcome it like many others would. Personally speaking though i don't think women will ever be able to become managers etc in male football because as you said people wouldnt be able to look past their gender ( ie players etc )

Your arguement is valid and actually one that I agree with BUT in this instance it's not like it will affect your game. If female managers started popping up as regen managers, then I'd have a problem with it but that isn't the case.

Totally agree with Mike, above. Yes, the game is trying to be realistic, but there has to be a line somewhere. That was point I tried to make above. Who really cares if in a game a woman chooses to be recognised as such. Stop being so petty.

I do see your point that at this moment in time, a woman manager would be a massive news story, and unfortunately she wouldn't be treated with respect. Maybe thats because people will keep on about her gender, such as certain people in this thread would seemingly do.

I think that the first woman in management will be used as a publicity stunt, as is the way with these things. And lets face it, there are enough egotistical chairmen around who love to see themselves as some sort of hero, 'bringing the game to all sexes.' But thats not relevant to this thread so I'll shut up.

Your arguement is valid and actually one that I agree with BUT in this instance it's not like it will affect your game. If female managers started popping up as regen managers, then I'd have a problem with it but that isn't the case.

Ok no probs neji no harm done eh.

i wasn't trying to be all male shovanistic here i was just pointing out that its a bit unrealistic. i didnt think everyone would jump on my back this quick.

Ok no probs neji no harm done eh.

i wasn't trying to be all male shovanistic here i was just pointing out that its a bit unrealistic. i didnt think everyone would jump on my back this quick.

Your argument from a realism point of view has plenty of merit if you mean it with regard to AI managers. It would be very unrealistic to have female managers popping up all over the place.

I just wanted to defend the decision to make it possible for human managers to be female because women do play the game and should be able to make themselves female if they wish. I wasn't on your back, buddy.

Its a clever move, because it attracts more women to the game, aka more sales, more money

If women pick up the box and see it has only male managers, they put it down, if they see you can be a woman, they think "my husband/son/boyfriend/dog/best friend plays this game, lets see what it is all about", gets it, then saves a ton of money worrying about wearing make up, because she will be on her pc/laptop all the time :)

Because women play the game too.

Yes but Women players have Women Leagues. I remember a thread on here a while ago saying why isn't there Female leagues in the game and the idea was shot down before it had even started. Now surely what is the point of having Female managers and not a Female league. There are a lot more Female leagues than there are Female managers. This idea would probably benefit Women as then they could manage a Women's team instead of a male team where they probably don't have as much knowledge in the male game as in the Women's game. It would make more sense.

Yes but Women players have Women Leagues. I remember a thread on here a while ago saying why isn't there Female leagues in the game and the idea was shot down before it had even started. Now surely what is the point of having Female managers and not a Female league. There are a lot more Female leagues than there are Female managers. This idea would probably benefit Women as then they could manage a Women's team instead of a male team where they probably don't have as much knowledge in the male game as in the Women's game. It would make more sense.

We're talking about human players, though. What if you're female who wants to manage a male team in the game? Should you really not be able to set yourself as female in the name of realism? I would argue that you should because it's not like it would affect anyone else's game.

Your argument from a realism point of view has plenty of merit if you mean it with regard to AI managers. It would be very unrealistic to have female managers popping up all over the place.

I just wanted to defend the decision to make it possible for human managers to be female because women do play the game and should be able to make themselves female if they wish. I wasn't on your back, buddy.

Hey its all cool mike7077 its a nice healthy debate.

We're talking about human players, though. What if you're female who wants to manage a male team in the game? Should you really not be able to set yourself as female in the name of realism? I would argue that you should because it's not like it would affect anyone else's game.

I don't mind the Female manager bit but only if they were managing a Female team. No I'm not sexist at all but it would be more realistic which SI clearly wants the game to be and it would open new doors for SI to explore. When 09 comes out people will buy the game and set themselves as Female and take over Man United for example. This isn't realistic. It would be better if someone set themseles as Female and took over Arsenal Ladies however.

Fish - I accept your point, I just sometimes get a little wound up when people go on about realism when really its just about something small that wouldn't affect their game. At least you have explained your point, rather than just saying 'its not realistic'

I don't mind the Female manager bit but only if they were managing a Female team. No I'm not sexist at all but it would be more realistic which SI clearly wants the game to be and it would open new doors for SI to explore. When 09 comes out people will buy the game and set themselves as Female and take over Man United for example. This isn't realistic. It would be better if someone set themseles as Female and took over Arsenal Ladies however.

It's not realistic that us as male managers can set outself to be Man Utd manager either. Like Mike said, if we were talking about AI female managers, then it would be a totally different arguement but this is simply to let female managers get reffered to as 'her' instead of 'him'. You're reading to much into the feature. It doesn't affect your game so I don't see the problem.

It's not realistic that us as male managers can set outself to be Man Utd manager either. Like Mike said, if we were talking about AI female managers, then it would be a totally different arguement but this is simply to let female managers get reffered to as 'her' instead of 'him'. You're reading to much into the feature. It doesn't affect your game so I don't see the problem.

No it won't affect my game but I will have to try it at least once :p.

I freely admit to knowing little about womens football, but are there any female managers in that either? any time I've seen womens football, its been a bloke in charge

The England women's team is managed by Hope Powell, a female.

Okay lets say Julie Fleeting (most successful Scottish woman footballer of all time) was made manager of Aberdeen I'm sure the fans would go absolutely bananas. I hope this is reflected in the game because if it's not it makes it a little un-realistic.

Is there going to be stories about female AI managers sleeping with your players to entice them into moving to them? Is this what's in the improved media and transfer modules :D

But... if you don't set yourself as female, then realism in your game won't be affected. It will only be affected for those people (who are presumably female in real life) who set themselves as female. So my point is that your game won't be affected and will be as realistic as it ever was.

not to be sexist, but i can never see women being involved either playing or coaching in the mens league

womens football has come on leaps and bounds though, and i dont see a problem witb this in a game, just dont think there should be ai female managers as it ruins realism imo, should be an option

Another question: will there now be any AI female managers in-game?
I am sure some woman in the entire world plays FM, and the moment that happens, having an option for a female manager is legit.

However, there has been a question that is very interesting I think--will there be AI female managers?

We all know that FM is already pretty damn realistic. But there are always going to areas where realism will have to take a backseat. One example is player transfers and contracts. Even old-fashioned British-style managers probably don't have the control over transfers and certainly contracts that we get in the game. But you can't take that away from us because not only does it reduce the fun level, it also puts you on a slippery slope where you start taking away the amount of things that you actually do. And what sort of a game would that be?

Female managers is another area where we have to hold realism at bay. In real life, we know it is unlikely, if not impossible, that we will be seeing a female manager, or at least a number of female managers, any time soon. However, FM is a game, and one that women do play. So let's let them manage as a member of their own gender.

It's actually possible in FM2008 for a woman to become a manager of any club in the top flights like English Premiership, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, etc...

It's actually possible in FM2008 for a woman to become a manager of any club in the top flights like English Premiership, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, etc...

News no doubt worthy of the giant blue text..

Another question: will there now be any AI female managers in-game?

No. Its just a way of the game refering to a person who is playing the game on their computer properly. Instead of calling a female he in the game it will correctly call them she. I wish to god people would stop over reacting to this issue. If there really was a female in charge of a real life top club like Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona or AC Milan or whatever whould it really cause all that much of a problem if she was able to do the job.

Not really it isn't. Every female in the game is treated as a male wether that female tickbox is checked or not.

Yes, females are treated like males because the game does not propose the other way yet. But still a women who exists in real life can become a manager in the game...

Archived