I always get to Major Finals/Semi Finals but lose everything!

Im sick of this in FM08...I Manager of Totteham and have manged to get them to 3 CL Finals in a row against Barcelona, Chelsea and Roma and lost all of them...Lost 2-0 against Barcelona...Lost on Pens against Chelsea and just lost 2-1 v Roma...This happens in the FA Cup and League Cup aswell...I have won 4 PL in a row and managed to win the UEFA Cup in First season but since then i have gone downhill!

What am I doing wrong?

Please don't say Tactics!...

Im sick of this in FM08...I Manager of Totteham and have manged to get them to 3 CL Finalso in a row against Barcelona, Chelsea and Roma and lost all of them...Lost 2-0 against Barcelona...Lost on Pens against Chelsea and just lost 2-1 v Roma...This happens in the FA Cup and League Cup aswell...I have won 4 PL in a row and managed to win the UEFA Cup in First season but since then i have gone downhill!

What am I doing wrong?

Its probably either the team morale or tactics and the quality of your players compared to the other team. I find that keeping players with very high morale is very rewarding. Also you might want to note the overall personality of your squad, I try to keep mine as 'Determined'.

Not really, I bet Ronaldo can't manage a team as well as he can play?

yeah true

Not the time Paul...It's nearly 2am and i have work at 9...:confused:

Yeah sorry, couldn't resist. From my personal expirience a llot of luck plays into it. I have some awesome seasons and seasons where i play just as well but win nothing yet be in the final for everything. Having said that you seem to be getting lots of bad luck. I think it must just be bad luck, your doing something right if you can get into all these finals. The amount youve lost on penos as well, just slaps of bad luck, im sure it'll come good soon

Not the time Paul...It's nearly 2am and i have work at 9...:confused:

Your best bet for a quick solution is to make sure that all your players are kept with Superb and Very Good morale for peak performance, if your team has Superb/Very good morale NEVER respond to media comments for next opponents because their is no need to as you will risk their morale as some players react differently to other players to media comments.

Your best bet for a quick solution is to make sure that all your players are kept with Superb and Very Good morale for peak performance, if your team has Superb/Very good morale NEVER respond to media comments for next opponents because their is no need to as you will risk their morale as some players react differently to other players to media comments.

Definitely. Media comments add a randomness factor - that means they benefit the underdog. If you're favourites and your morale's good you have virtually nothing to gain by adding this random element to your preparation.

Another thing that's very important, especially in the big matches is team talks.

Im sick of this in FM08...I Manager of Totteham and have manged to get them to 3 CL Finals in a row against Barcelona, Chelsea and Roma and lost all of them...Lost 2-0 against Barcelona...Lost on Pens against Chelsea and just lost 2-1 v Roma...This happens in the FA Cup and League Cup aswell...I have won 4 PL in a row and managed to win the UEFA Cup in First season but since then i have gone downhill!

What am I doing wrong?

Please don't say Tactics!...

Another noob spotted

What is your squad personality?

Perhaps you need to get in a few more experienced "Determined" players?

Players like this can make all the difference.

If your team is "Ambitious/Very Ambitious" you will struggle towards the end of the season, I've found this to be the case anyway.

I think it's because ambitious players want to win, but are not determined enough to work their ass off for it.

I've had a similar experience. If you are going well in all cups, like FA cup, League Cup and a European competition, when you get to the later stages look at your fixture list. It'll be crammed, and you'll be playing three, even four games a week sometimes. No matter how good your players are, you'll find it hard to send out your best eleven in all these games. You probably have to rotate, rest players, even prioritise which trophy is more important to you, and make the relevant changes.

i would say its most likely your team talks on the day. go in to the match with a bit more confidence, say i expect a win that should motivate them more to win and if you lose then you have all summer to bring their morale back up.

also you are playing against superior teams in these matches as someone already said. i think it could be your approach to games aswell, if you watched Rangers' UEFA cup run last season you could see that they could beat teams over two legs through things like playing defensive and relying on away goals and counter attacks from teams needing to open up more. in the one leg final they had no way of beating zenit as zenit didnt need to open up or chase the game so their defensive tactics coudnt work. this might be happening to you aswell. if so you need to adjust your tactics for the final.

without seeing all the information we cant really find the answer to your problem without guessing or saying things like bad luck.

It is your tactics...but your transfer tactics not match tactics. What you need to do is sell both of your best forwards.

and then get yourself sacked after only 8 matches...blame it on transfer policies...in the future, get hired by a rival and crush your former team every chance you get...

Archived