Diego Maradona

He has just been made Argentina manager, and I know that it is too late for this to be put in the game.

But will he be in the database, so we can change it ourself?

As he wasn't even a coach before, will we have to make him as a new person or will he already be in the database, just without a club?

Considering Argentina have a world of talent, if he allows them to play a their natural game and just

helps the team gel and build a good atmosphere. He might not have too much to do. He is charismatic

he definately knows how to win big games... So I dont see him doing all that bad... HOWEVER good

players RARELY make good managers...

as above, not confirmed yet:

BBC Sport's South American football reporter Tim Vickery said: "This is all coming from Maradona.

"There is no official word from the AFA yet so it's still early days. But the tide seems to be blowing in his direction.

"He's a religious icon over in Argentina and is a very dangerous force to leave out"

Considering Argentina have a world of talent, if he allows them to play a their natural game and just

helps the team gel and build a good atmosphere. He might not have too much to do. He is charismatic

he definately knows how to win big games... So I dont see him doing all that bad... HOWEVER good

players RARELY make good managers...

I agree but GREAT Players from the past don't really become managers...like Best,Pele,Maradona etc....Exception of Marco Van Basten!

Maradona himself confirmed today that he is the new manager for Argentina, the only thing left to do is for the football association to make it official, they meet every thursday so Maradona will have to wait till then to be officially announced as manager, though some people say this will happen this thursday just because its maradona's birthday

Maradona has coached at league level before and it all fell apart because he was a coke head ... allegedly! (dont want to get sued our ought)

If he is clean, i suppose he could inspire the team. They are playing rubbish at the moment, so what have they got to lose?!

You just wonder how long it will take him to do something stupidin his personal affairs that will cause him to step down or get sacked. It wil be like a car crash waiting to happen.

I think he will be very successful.

Considering he's the most famous player ever to come out of Argentina, I'd say the players will instantly hold him in the highest regard, and hang on his every word.

He is a legend, after all.

And I'm sure he's on the master database and will be included in the first patch.

I feel he'll be excellent - with some hair-raising hiccups along the way! He is a legend after all and if you're Argentinian then you're going to want to play for him aren't you. Be interesting to see how his defenders play!!! Plus, with him on FM I wonder what his mental stats will be...

I'm pretty certain that if he gets the job he'll be getting a lot of help from his coaching staff. The idea that someone can just step in and manage a quality nation like Argentina, without much involement in football in recent years, is frightening

I feel he'll be excellent - with some hair-raising hiccups along the way! He is a legend after all and if you're Argentinian then you're going to want to play for him aren't you. Be interesting to see how his defenders play!!! Plus, with him on FM I wonder what his mental stats will be...

All 3 of them!

having read his autobiography, i can definately see him playing a sweeper (libero), he said he used to enjoy playing the position himself, being able to see the entire play and intervene when neccessary, he was very tactically astute, and who knows, this may land him in good stead as a manager now that his various problems are (reportedly) in the past

Theres been so many threads like this lol Beckham Then Redknapp and now Maradona fairplay to him though he wasnt very well the other month

Not really, the other's were asking if player/manager transfers would be done.

This is asking if the manager will be in the database.

But anyway, like I said before, this thread can be closed. There's a topic about it in the Football Forum, where you can discuss it.

Maradona's team of Maradona's (other than himself):

Messi-----Crespo--Zarate--Peirone--Laurito--Saviola---Aguero---Rodriguez

-----------------------Aimar-----------------------Rimelque-------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Ustari-------------------------------------

With the exception of Ustari, I have seen all of them described as the 'new Maradona'.

He has already made moves to include the 1986 cup winning coach in his backroom. He'll be fine. He'll just be the face of very wise old hands (in the beginning) until he comes into his own. But I think his success will largely lie in his ability to ignore urges of booze drugs and women. If your coach parties harder than you do, something is wrong!

He has already made moves to include the 1986 cup winning coach in his backroom. He'll be fine. He'll just be the face of very wise old hands (in the beginning) until he comes into his own. But I think his success will largely lie in his ability to ignore urges of booze drugs and women. If your coach parties harder than you do, something is wrong!

Though when Argentina comes out in a 2-3-5 with Maradona himself as playmaker we won't know if its because Maradonas coked up or because Carlos Bilardo has gone senile at his age.

having read his autobiography, i can definately see him playing a sweeper (libero), he said he used to enjoy playing the position himself, being able to see the entire play and intervene when neccessary, he was very tactically astute, and who knows, this may land him in good stead as a manager now that his various problems are (reportedly) in the past

Are there any more liberos around? I thought they've all vanished, just as wing-backs gradually are.

Archived