Golden Joystick awards

• SI Staff

It's that time of year again when the nominations for the Golden Joystick awards are announced, and we're very happy to have been nominated this year in the "Best PC Game" category for FM2008 (which is, this week, celebrating it's 20th week at no.1 in the UK PC charts!), and as "Best UK developer".

If FM2008 was your favourite PC game of year, and if you enjoy our games, we'd be delighted if you'd vote for us. You can vote for us, or whoever else you'd like to vote for, at http://www.goldenjoystick.com

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpico:

is it really a year? Time flies!

I know this is probably a silly question, and an "Inside joke" buried somewhere deep in the cafuffle of OTF, but why the 7th best mod? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone changed it for hilarious japes. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Serpico:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpico:

I know this is probably a silly question, and an "Inside joke" buried somewhere deep in the cafuffle of OTF, but why the 7th best mod? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone changed it for hilarious japes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just out of curiousity, who are numbers 1 to 6?

Originally posted by Serpico:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Someone changed it for hilarious japes. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that why the majority of you have funny quips under your name..... :sigh:

Ah, pity the Turks. Just watched the news here and it was full of 'we were the better side, they got lucky', 'if we had all our players....', and my fave: 'The German players deserve oscars for their blatant play-acting on the pitch'.

It's not just against the English then. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by DodgeeD:

Ah, pity the Turks. Just watched the news here and it was full of 'we were the better side, they got lucky', 'if we had all our players....', and my fave: 'The German players deserve oscars for their blatant play-acting on the pitch'.

It's not just against the English then. icon_biggrin.gif

Whoops! Thought this was OTT. icon_redface.gif

Voted for FM 08 anyway! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sorry Miles. But I cannot, in good conscience, vote for your game this year. It would be a very hypocritical thing for me to do - I would be voting out of loyalty to the product as opposed to the game itself.

I do hope that you do not just listen to the praise you have had for this game and look at some of the "perceived" faults that are apparent to some of us and look to resolve them for FM09 so that I can happily provide you with a vote from myself next time.

Originally posted by LycanGav:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

And people say PC gaming is dying.

Pipe down, it's doing just fine, games like Culpa Innata criminally ignored while dirge like Crysis gets all the glory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't so much a truth as a comment on the GJ nominees you sensitive little bugger. icon_biggrin.gif

No-one buys Culpa Innata though, as you say.

• SI Staff

turn it upto 11 - yup. 20 weeks so far since release in the UK. You can check out the new UK sales charts at www.charttrack.co.uk each Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Across Europe, I was recently told by an external company who spend a lot more time than I do looking into these things that FM is the third biggest brand in PC gaming in Europe, behind WoW and the Sims.

We hold all kinds of UK records for sales, including having 3 of the top 5 fastest selling PC games in the UK (and 7 in the top 10 if I remember correctly).

JaneyMoss - thanks for the offer, but I'll stick to a t-shirt, jeans and trainers thanks icon_smile.gif

Gregg Carter - if you don't like the game, you shouldn't vote for it, so that's fair enough. We can't please all people all of the time, but we always take constructive criticism onboard.

+1 for onee of my best pals for close on 15 years....... wow, i'm getting old!!

i can't say that it is my favourite installment of the game but i still spend more time playing it than i do asleep

Voted icon_smile.gif

I paused to think through whether I was qualified to judge the best PC game, given that I haven't played all of them.

Then it occurred to me that aside from FM, I haven't played ANY other PC game - I have no desire to abandon my monogamous relationship.

I can live with myself icon_wink.gif

then i bow down to you sir.

just out of interest who did you knock off the top spot?

a vote from me btw, although it does have its faults the catergorie is 'best pc game' and the best game i have played on pc this year is FM, although last night i bought a star wars game i have yet to play.

Off topic advice, anyone who owns an xbox DO NOT buy don kings boxing game or GRID(the racing one) two new games i impulsed bought when getting a play and charge kit last night and they are both awful.

I voted for FM/CM in the past...but like Guitar Hero it's become apparent that something new needs to be done with the series and I will not be voting for FM. icon_smile.gif

But for the developer area...I will vote for you as you guys do have a solid thing going on here in relation to community and answering questions and after-sales stuff.

I love the way people try to get attention by saying they aren't going to vote for FM and/or SI! If they hate FM/SI so much why are they making them look good by being registered on the website, therefore increasing the number of members it has and also viewing and contributing (well not anything decent but still are) to the threads, making the threads look more popular and any newcomer that comes here, impresses them further!

To some up my thoughts about these anti-FMers; LOL.

PS If I cba I would vote for FM and SI but tbh I cba as you lot have it in the bag alreadyicon_wink.gif

Miles - I just watched that video of you talking about FML and it's quite weird seeing someone that contributes to a forum and also you don't look like a Miles! I imagined you to look like that guy on the front of Half-Life or Halo, can't remember which one (hope that doesn't cause offence!)

Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I'm sorry Miles. But I cannot, in good conscience, vote for your game this year. It would be a very hypocritical thing for me to do - I would be voting out of loyalty to the product as opposed to the game itself.

I do hope that you do not just listen to the praise you have had for this game and look at some of the "perceived" faults that are apparent to some of us and look to resolve them for FM09 so that I can happily provide you with a vote from myself next time.

Tbh, whs. I won't vote at all though, simply because FM08 is the only PC game I've played this past year (besides 07).

Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

I love the way people try to get attention by saying they aren't going to vote for FM and/or SI! If they hate FM/SI so much why are they making them look good by being registered on the website, therefore increasing the number of members it has and also viewing and contributing (well not anything decent but still are) to the threads, making the threads look more popular and any newcomer that comes here, impresses them further!

To some up my thoughts about these anti-FMers; LOL.

PS If I cba I would vote for FM and SI but tbh I cba as you lot have it in the bag alreadyicon_wink.gif

so because people don't like the product they cannot contribute anything decent? people register here to report bugs, data errors, general feedback, ideas for improvement and praise where its due. If you're saying you should only register here to be brownnosers then you've missed the entire point of these forums

Archived