amd or intel

There was a time when AMD were best for gaming, but Intels dual and quad cores are now the choice of most PC enthusiasts. so I'd recommend Intel every time

Same as above, I was always die hard AMD fan, had a 2800+ barton core for a very long time but now days I can't really pass up an overclocked intel with how they perform in benchmarks across the board.

What's your price range? Something like an Intel Core 2 E8400, E8500, or E8600 are excellent processors and not much more expensive than lesser cpu's, plus they can easily be overclocked. Heres a good place to check, his is just benchmarks for crysis but you can check other benchmarks if you like and filter by price.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-q3-2008/Crysis-1680x1050,818.html

For Fm 09 you want as much CPU power as possible, so intel is better. Test your cpu with SuperPi ..

With any dual/quad core from intel you will get under 20s easy in the 1M bench - if you want to see the same with an AMD cpu, overclocking it to 3.2 is needed, which is very hard .

High Cpu power = faster loading times in FM, playing with all leagues and big database is really something that tress the cpu :)

Whichever you get, make sure it supports threading (which I guess is any dual core processor). My laptop is single core Intel Pentium M without threading ability and is what I normally play FM on. Then, out of curiosity, I installed FM08 on my AMD 64 X2 4800+ desktop PC and enabled threading...

Whoosh! I think it must've sped up by around a third at least. It's a shame that I have to use my desktop PC for other things, otherwise I'd have FM installed on it permanently.

I guess there's always windowed mode...

you can sometimes get some awesome deals on AMD processors - i bought a dual core 6400 amd64 processor a couple of months ago for £50 - miles better value for money than the equivalent Intel processor.

However, if you can't find deals, Intel is the way to go at the moment.

I own 2 PCS

1 AMD dual core 2.2GHz with ATI1900 Sapphire & 2gb ram built 2006

1 Intel quad core 28Ghz with Nvidia280x(or something) & 3gb ram built 2008

*I built both PCs

My older PC is far more stable , never got any problems, drivers are super and it can play 99% of the games .

My newer PC is of course faster but not that faster , it can run smoothly 5 leagues in 08 . The Nvidia drivers are crap , i 've got many blue screens of death cases and temperature issues , if i had to built it all over again i would go with AMD+ATI .

I own 2 PCS

1 AMD dual core 2.2GHz with ATI1900 Sapphire & 2gb ram built 2006

1 Intel quad core 28Ghz with Nvidia280x(or something) & 3gb ram built 2008

*I built both PCs

My older PC is far more stable , never got any problems, drivers are super and it can play 99% of the games .

My newer PC is of course faster but not that faster , it can run smoothly 5 leagues in 08 . The Nvidia drivers are crap , i 've got many blue screens of death cases and temperature issues , if i had to built it all over again i would go with AMD+ATI .

I find the opposite being better for myself. I used to have an AMD for years and went through a few graphics cards with it, both ATI and Nvidia. I upgraded to an AMD 64 when they came out but my new PC is an intel + nvidia and no problems whatsoever, all drivers have been great and haven't had any trouble playing any games at all on full detail or running FM08 with 55 leagues.

Archived