An Idea Worth Looking At?

with all this talk of directors of football working at some clubs and not in others

would it be good idea to include them on fm?? i.e.

some clubs would already have a DOF in place, and you would say to him i need

a left back and a striker

other clubs you are the manager (control of everything, as normal)

and depending on the DOF stats, (approachable, knowledge etc...) you could give shortlist of people you want, or he could go and get him on his own

also when signing for a club, you are told about the director of football being in charge of transfers, so it is up to you wether you sign for them??? and you could hire your favoured DOF??

just a thought, let us know what you think?

I guess you could implement it but it would just get annoying. So its a no, you would eventually only have a few teams to be if you want to be in control of everything! Its possible but everyone would rather have the freedom of buying their own players at whatever team they are!

A flip between pleasure and realism. Kind of takes takes the real thrill of the game away.

Imagine if your favourite club had a DOF in real life but you want to play football manager your way? Would certainly put me off if my team had one.

I suppose there could be a higher interference factor for DOF clubs. I really doubt Keegan had absolutely no say over transfers. I must have given them a list of targets -- which essentially they ignored or couldn't get the players he wanted so signed similar players in that position.

In a voted I'd go nay.

I would never ever sign to a club with one at a club, Im manager, I pick the team and I pick the transfer. Tottenham saw light, they have no place in football.

Back to topic: I wouldn't have them in as they would just pee everyone off

I certainly wouldn't say they have no place in football. It works well on the continent, for example. The point is that everyone has to understand be content with their role if you're going to have one at a club. On FM, there's no way I'd be content with one, though. It'd ruin part of the fun to have someone with more power taking things out of your hands.

Great idea. Some people may say it takes realism out of the game. But some managers DO have to deal with directors of football and some people may prefer working under this system. Also if more clubs around european countries hire them (e.g. Spain, Italian teams).

Nobody is claiming it would take realism out of the game. They're saying it might take some fun out of it.

I think it would be quite good and would reallly put the cat amongst the pigeons if your team appointeed a DOF after you join and a perss conference comes along asking your opinion....

If you speak out against it it might put the fans on your side but the board agaist you.

hmmmmmmmmm you listening Miles I think it would be good for FM10

I think it would be quite good and would reallly put the cat amongst the pigeons if your team appointeed a DOF after you join and a perss conference comes along asking your opinion....

If you speak out against it it might put the fans on your side but the board agaist you.

hmmmmmmmmm you listening Miles I think it would be good for FM10

What about the fact that you might well lose control of transfers?

i just thought it would add some realism to the game, but at the same time it could take away a bit of fun depending on what club your at

but it would be very realisitic

i do remember a couple of years ago, when that rich russian guy took over chelsea,

i started as chelsea on fm, and because i didnt make a 'major' signing, the chairman steped in and got me belleti (8m)

i just thought that DOF could have the same effect, or better one!!!

I hate the idea. For me, dealing with transfers/players/contracts is what gives me the most fun in FM. You take that away and it would be alot less fun.

I think that this is one of those things where fun has to take precedence over realism.

Archived