3D player graphics

I heard Miles Jcobsen say on the podcast i think:confused: that players would be defined by skin colour size and hair colour, but is the hair different shapes/ sizes and are there graphics on the team shirts that they have got licensed for e.g. watford, these are the teams that you can see there kit on the overview, basically all except premier league. Just wondering if anyone knows.:)

The 3D won't go into facial details etc. Just if your player is taller than others with blonde hair you will notice a little difference I think. To me thats exactly enough detail too, once you have played through a few seasons most players will be regens anyway. Screen shot of 3D on shortlist.com looks very good in my opinion. http://www.shortlist.com/gaming/article/new-football-manager-09-features

just a theoretical question but, what if you had a player so tall and his kit was so big that you should be able to see all that detail from the current camera angle. do you think they would include the detail in a situation like this?

also if you make a player in the editor to be an obsured height could this happen?

I don't know but there is a maximum everything else so Im pretty sure there is for height and weight. If not there will be now!

The game has got a maximum height, it is something like 6'10" from memory for a youth player. I found this when trying to add a new 15 year old into the game who was 7'.

i hope the hair is shaped/sized e.g will andy johnson be bald and will alex song have long hair?

Hairstyles are not in the game, but players can be bald.

Anyone know what they plan on doing with players with stripes in there head like Ljungberg used to have?

Players can only have one hair colour at the moment.

tbh i dont really care about the 3d all i care about is that the game is as good or better as previous versions i just hope it dosent turn out like the fifa manager game because that is absolute rubbish so i hope football manager dont focus too much on the graphics and 3d and focus more on other things

Aye wait till FM10 because it really is show stopper only having one hair colour or having no styles!

Maybe my expectations are too high but I'll find it hard to enjoy the game if people don't look like they do in real life or at least have the same haircut. Could someone from SI confirm if this will be in patches?

I bet there will be a few players that are the wrong colour etc.

Honestly? FFS!

How many skin tones will there be?

Obviously there's a difference between Terry > Wes Brown > Larsson > Yakubu?

Will this be reflected in the game or will it just be two skin tones?

What about Asian players like Nakamura and Park?

Will regens be the right color or could we end up with a 15 year old Icelandic wonderkid who is black or a Nigerian superstar who's as white as the snow?

Maybe my expectations are too high but I'll find it hard to enjoy the game if people don't look like they do in real life or at least have the same haircut. Could someone from SI confirm if this will be in patches?

Mate, I think SI will be concentrating their efforts fixing any bugs in the patches and not adding hairstyles, the 3d part is just one area of the game and to be honest hairstyles do not matter a blind bit to SI.

Maybe in the next two releases when the 3D part is working correctly they may enhance it but let them release it first.

I would say that hairstyles will never be in FM09 as that would require an extra field in the DB for every player pointing them to a particular style, and there would have to be thousands of styles.

Simply not worth it.

I don't mind aslong as they have right hair colour or bald. Skin colour is correct to. I also read that you can tell Peter Crouch would be taller than Wright-Phillips etc.

I bet they will not have C.Ronaldo sun tanned skin colour right though, that is a really freaky colour.

Well I'm not from SI, but researchers can't yet set hair style, only hair colour, so it'll have to be added to db first.

You're expecting way too much from what the 3D really is. Its a basic representation of 3D not a Pro Evolution or FIFA representation. It wont be a thing that ill be put in it any time soon as the view that we get dont go close enough to determine various styles.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! I might actually have to stay up till midnight on saturday. I'm so desperate i find myself planning the day out, 1) 8:30-9:00 Get up 2 ) 9:00 Watch Soccer A.M 3) 12:00 Go to see Watford v Blackpool 4) 6:30-7:00 Get back 5) 7:00-10-25 Watch T.V (Hopefully something decent on) 6) 10:25 Watch Match of the day 7) 10:30-?(Probably 11:00-11:30) Watch more T.V(HOPEFULLY WON'T FALL ASLEEP BUT THOUGHT OF FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 DEMO WILL KEEP ME GOING PLUS DRINK LOTS OF TEA!!!) 8) 11:30-12:00 Go to bed and watch T.V 9) DOWNLOAD FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 DEMO OFF STEAM!!! 10) PLAY IT!!!( Have a game next day for my team but FM09 comes first!!!)

I can't wait to see someone like the 4'9" GK from the 'funny things' thread on the 3D view. Seeing him come up against someone like Crouch or Ziglic!

However, we all know that height doesnt really amke a difference when challenging in the air. It is all about jumping, heading and aerial ability. But still, midgets are always funny!

Archived