Additions To FM2009

I'm sure there have been hundreds of these posts, but not many that I can see active. Getting close to the release of the demo and getting proper excited! So we got 3D match engine, absolutely ridiculously big database, actually useful confidence additions this time, and more useful press interaction. Anyone heard of any rumours about other possible additions?

With regard to the 3D engine, not sure if its included already but what i'd like to see is relevant stadiums.. Like when you start for burscough you start in a field! and eventually build yourself a pretty impressive ground as you improve. More financial control was also something thrown around a lot in the build up to the additions release for fm2009. More control over building your stadium, how many seats.. what facilities, training facilities, like whether to spend x amount on fitness (running etc) machines, or strength (weights room). Control over merchandise sales, by expanding your club shop, opening shops in local towns, going online.. altering ticket prices, offering special offers/discounts (like fan days we already have), and changing prices on in-ground drinks etc. Maybe the ability to alter your kit each season, or choosing what sponsor you would like?

A major concern for me though, in the run-up to the demo release, is whether the facepacks are going to be any good. fm08 saw the majority of top players having blank faces, and premiership teams with bog-standard kits and badges. Now for the top footie manager game its a bit dire! so I'm hoping when it comes out, fm09 will have at least the premiership in full colour etc.

The new finance engine sounds good, but i'm a bit sceptical about whether they can keep every single club in the lower leagues at realistic financial control. We will see!

Anyway, post away anything to do with what I've said, what you've heard on the grape vine, what you want to see, or how you interpret the upgrades so far.

I would not want so much financial control as real Managers don't control this. Also, it would be nice to see stadiums but, again, we should not control size as real life managers don't do this.

Over at sortitoutsi.net there are numerous facepacks released within days after the full release and they are easy to download and install.

Over at shortlist.com we will see a new feature everyday and yesterdays was the ability to get your pitch relayed, know the state of the pitch and also match postponements.

Cheers

I'd like to see the addition of national manager convincing players to switch nationalities a la Almunia.

It really annoyed me in the last game when i had youngsters at my club for 6 years that weren't playing for their countries yet wouldn't take up citizenship.

Just my two penneth...

The stadiums idea, whilst adding "something" to the game, is hardly an important addition. I'd rather the engine work properly than see the exact number of empty seats in a gorgeous new stadium in 2050!

Any hardcore CM/FM'ers will probably back me here when I say, I don't really care about Facepacks either. They add a small amount to the game but not the underlying utilisation of the gameplay and the immersive feel for the game. I'd rather they spend the money on continuing to develop certain areas (tactics, transfers etc..as they have done to be fair), than pay increasing sums of money for player/club licenses (if that is the case?).

Finance will be interesting....

Just my two penneth...

The stadiums idea, whilst adding "something" to the game, is hardly an important addition. I'd rather the engine work properly than see the exact number of empty seats in a gorgeous new stadium in 2050!

Any hardcore CM/FM'ers will probably back me here when I say, I don't really care about Facepacks either. They add a small amount to the game but not the underlying utilisation of the gameplay and the immersive feel for the game. I'd rather they spend the money on continuing to develop certain areas (tactics, transfers etc..as they have done to be fair), than pay increasing sums of money for player/club licenses (if that is the case?).

Finance will be interesting....

I agree that there are more important things in Football Manager than stadiums and Face packs. As soon as the Match Engine is perfect and all other aspects are perfect then we may be able to look into more cosmetic things!

yeah thats fair enough that the facepacks are cosmetic aspects. And to a certain degree, so is the stadium thing I was talking about. It would be a nice addition though because for me, the joy of the game is watching my team grow and become something successful, from virtually nothing when I started. One of the main aspects of that is seeing your attendance increase season after season, and I get excited when my board finally decide to build me an extra 200 seats! lol. So for me anyway, to see this when i view the match would be good.

More control over building your stadium, how many seats.. what facilities, training facilities, like whether to spend x amount on fitness (running etc) machines, or strength (weights room). Control over merchandise sales, by expanding your club shop, opening shops in local towns, going online.. altering ticket prices, offering special offers/discounts (like fan days we already have), and changing prices on in-ground drinks etc. Maybe the ability to alter your kit each season, or choosing what sponsor you would like?

Not really the managers job to decide on things like building stadiums and their facilities. You can already ask the board to expand the stadium and improve facilities. If you want more control over the kind of things you mention above then there is another game you can play.

Archived