Suggestion for network games

I know it's too late for 09 unless it's already in but not announced yet, but still this suggestion just came to my mind.

When playing a network game online, what I do once a week with two mates, the option to untick the "move matches for TV" (or to tick it, either way you can choose anyway ;)) is a nice thing, so we don't have to wait while the others are playing matches all the time.

Now however, I moved from England to Spain and my mates are playing on each Saturday whereas I'm playing on Sunday. That means that now we still have to sit there waiting for each other which takes about an hour per night and thus 20 percent of our playing time away from us.

Could this maybe be changed in a future version (or maybe even in 9.0.1? :)) please, so that all leagues with human managers have the same match day when the option is ticked (or have that as an additional option)?

I guess many network gamers would gratefully appreciate that.

:)

What's the point of playing a network game if you're not in the same nation at least?

Seems like you are pretty much just playing on your own then so no point in it being a network game.

We all start off in the English Championship. From there ways may part by relegation/sackings or promotion. In my recent case I moved from my promoted West Brom side to Barcelona. I didn't feel that this spoiled the whole point of a network game to be fair.

• 1 year later...

After reading just another thread on the waste of time in network games I thought of this old suggestion of mine again and how much it would improve network games.

As posted earlier this apparently seems to apply to few users only but to them it would be an incredible improvement of up to 20 percent of playing time!!! :thup:

Hence this bump in the hope it can be included in FM11 :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing this up again, but yesterday night I moved clubs in my network game, from WBA to HSV in Germany, only to find out that with move matches for TV unticked all the matches in Germany take place on a Friday night :mad:

WTH???? This is not just wrong because there is one(!) single game every Friday night in the league but also destroying our network game in now taking much more time than before :mad:

Last night, between 7.45 pm and 01.00 am I managed to play a whooping 2 (two, dos, deux, twee, zwei, due) games. Depressing :(

This is really a big issue for people playing long-term network games and I would like to see this acknowledged and addressed.

I ll second you, but also the guy who asked why allowing different country leagues playable in a network game ? If you are promoted and change of country, you'll only challenge your mates in European cups so not that much. Besides your issue would be solved :p

Well, that would solve the problem, but not in a satisfactory manner. :( I want to play a proper career game. If it was just about challenging my mates we should play in SPL and face each other 4 times a year with no other leagues loaded.

In our network game we start in the same league but what happens after that depends on promotions, relegations and job offers. Now as I moved to Germany we will lose about 20% of the game time to playing not at the same time which is a shame not only because the feature isn't extended enough but also because in germany all matches should then take place on Saturdays anyway (6 out of 9 matches irl).

Had I known that I wouldn't have moved :(

Archived