More than 1 league in 09

Originally Posted by drwmorrison1984

Hey mark , was just wondering if there was gonna be a demo on the psp this year ? thanks and well done for all the hard work . .

William M (Edinburgh,Scotland )

ps as you can now use multiple leauges in 09 does that mean wen i am managing in england i will be able to buy any player in scotland or still just a handfull of players like in 08 ?

Hi - the database in secondary leagues isn't 'full' (simply due to memory restrictions) but is expanded quite a bit on last years game (as otherwise managing in those leagues would be a bit naff to be honest).

Hope this helps,

Marc

So if you change from say the english premier leauge to the scottish league then you wont have all the players in the scottish database available to you . I find this very disapointing and changing leagues was the main thing i was excited about in 09 and now if you do move countrys have the players will be greyed out or regens . very annoying . instead of making 4 leauges availalble I think it would have been better to make just 2 but have all the players in those to leauges availalble .

If you choose to play with multiple leagues you'll find you get a more even spread of players across the European nations (with a slight bias towards the primary nation). If you opt to just play with one league, you'll get the same sort of distribution of players as was present in last years game - although from the raw numbers I have in front of me, we've crammed in more players than previous years.

I think there is a bit of confusion about how multiple leagues work. Essentially, they work very much in the same way as choosing more than one league in FM PC. Except in FMH you choose one main or 'primary' nation (this will have all the divisions playable, as if you'd chosen it in last years game). You can then make other European top divisions playable up to the maximum allowed. It isn't possible to switch nations around once you've started the game (much like you can't in the PC version).

As I've written in the hints and tips Marc releases for each version, we've given you the choice of playing the game much like you could previously or having a different gaming experience and being able to continue your career in other nations :)

• SI Staff
now if you do move countrys have the players will be greyed out or regens . very annoying . instead of making 4 leauges availalble I think it would have been better to make just 2 but have all the players in those to leauges availalble

They won't just be grey players or regens - they will be real players; however you asked if ALL scottish players would be available and I was trying to indicate that if you only had the Scottish Premier League active then its likely that some of the players from the lower scottish leagues wouldn't be loaded (as per the PC game if you do the same).

Sorry for any confusion.

if you chose the scottish leagues as your ''primary'' leagues, then all those leagues' players would be available. but seeing as the english and french leagues would be ''secondary'' leagues, then only their top/premier divisions would have all players available, with lower leagues having less (but still a good amount).

did i get that right, Marc/Glenn?

No, the whole multiple League thing means you can load up one country and three other countries where only the top League is available. The players in those Leagues will all be available but not the ones below...

If I'm right :thup:

It's nothing to do with UMD storage space, it's about system memory.

Once you've played FMH09 for a few days you'll get the hang of customising the database through your league selection to get the depth you want in the places you want. The fact is that the PSP can't handle it all and it's a minor miracle how much Glenn and Marc have managed to get into each new game this year.

• SI Staff
So basically Marc, If you had all the Scottish leagues, English leagues and French leagues loaded, would ALL the players from the playable leagues be available?

All the players from all the leagues wouldn't be present - however the bulk would be from any active league.

It works in the same way as FM PC does, it ascertains which players are most important to the game for gameplay purposes and these are the ones active.

For instance if you're running just the English Premiership then don't expect many players to be present in the Conference teams, but then again chances are you wouldn't be playing them often (if at all) and probably wouldn't be looking to sign them either.

PS - As with the previous version is there's an obscure player who you 'must' have active and isn't - you can always use the editing system to place him in the game.

Archived