FM08 coming to an end

well i have been playing my current game for a while and am now in my 7th season 2013-14.

I am currently the Man Utd Manager and England Manager.

I have won

MLS - LA Galaxy

Championship - Reading

2 League Cups - Man Utd

2 Fa Cups - Man Utd

UEFA Cup - Man Utd

Champions League - Man Utd

2 European Super Cup's - Man Utd

World Club Cup Championship - Man Utd

4 Premiership Titles - Man Utd

4 Community Shields - Man Utd

So with the demo out this weekend I have finally decided to resign as Man Utd Manager at the end of 2014 once I have wrapped up a 5th consective title (possibly 2nd Champions League :D)and focus on England. I won all 10 qualifying matches going into the world cup. So my FM08 experince will end with me trying to win the world cup with England. After that tournament there will be no more FM08 for me. Fitting way for me to finish in my opinion lol.

Anyone else still playing FM08 or have you already given up lol.

I stopped playing about a month ago after i was forced to reformat my computer. Was going to re-install then realised FM 09 was getting close, so i've been holding out for 09 so my desire to play it is higher than ever. Demo is sooo close!!!! :D

i won the followings

champions in there nation

barcelona

man utd (2x)

dinamo buc (4x)

werder bremen (2x)

lower league champions

nuneaton blue square north (or south can't recall it)

cups

spanish cup - barcelona (copa del rey)

league cup - man utd

cupa romaniei - dinamo buc (4x)

champions league

barcelona

man utd

and currently playing a new save until the demo comes out

Uninstalled it today, really couldnt get into it. The most i did on my own was finish a season a couple of times on my own. Just found it so boring playing it myself. Had some really good online games with mates though.

FM08 was completely uninspiring but i think FM09 could finally rekindle my love of FM again.

My last save was:

Man City:

Carling Cup

UEFA Cup

Real Madrid:

La Liga(x5)

UEFA Champions League(x3)(Came runner-up in my first season and last season)

Club world championship(x3)

Super Cup(x3)

Copa del roy(x3)

Spanish super cup(x5)

Juventus(took them while they were a mid-table club at the end of the season):

Serie A(x2)

Champions league(my top scorer left to the team i beat in the final)

Coppa Italia

Super cup

Italian super cup

Club world championships

Arsenal:

FA Cup

Premiership

Community Sheild

Portugal:

Euro quarter finalists

world cup semi -finalists

Then i uninstalled it.

My Madrid squad was the best squad i've ever had on fm, and i made it to legendary status and 4th in all-time manager rankings.

Current save I started at Dundee got them promoted and into europe, left them in 2011 for Leeds in the championship got them promoted within 3 seasons got to Fa Cup semi's and lost, I got sacked for finishing 12th :(, I then got a job at Werder Bremen I won the League in my first season with them champions league second season, Then 5 years of dominance with them after them I decided to return to Dundee who had been relegated, I got them promoted and currently trying to win the league which I don't see happening by Saturday midnight.

Still plodding through my Fiorentina/Werder Bremen game that I come back to every now and again after quitting constantly in frustration at FM08.

Just had a news item telling me I broke a record with £32 million transfer income for the season so far at Bremen which is nice...somewhat lacking in depth now, but at least the £10 million we now have in the bank should see us through to the end of the season without going bankrupt dince we are losing £2-3 mill per month!

Over at Fiorentina I shockingly just sold Berbatov to Torino for only £10 million a few days before they played us. He scored, but we won so I don't care and I'd had enough of his lack of consistency :)

im really looking forward to seeing the back of FM08

i managed to play 3 seasons, the lowest amount of playtime ever for me in 10 years of playing FM, i just couldn't get into it, the high amount of goals each game (teams relegated scoring 50 - 60 goals) made it unrealistic for me,something didn't seem balanced :(

im really optimistic and excited about FM2009, first time in a while, im really liking the sound of the new features and what direction there going in

the extra play testing the match engine has had over the past 10months really would help development so much more, and the re writing of the transfer code is worth the money for the new game alone i reckon

goodbye FM2008....roll on 2nd November

I might return back to my arsenal save in this last week of FM 2008, abandoned it to start my man city save because of boredom, i have been winning countless quaduples every year, i went 198 games unbeaten in the premiership until i was beaten by man u (ironic i know) took england to the euro finals was beaten by spain, turned my back on england in favour of holland and won the world cup with them, i think i will return to make this last week a stress free week so i can save it for trying to figure out FM 2009 on sunday, can't wait!

I've stopped. Just haven't got the motivation. My problem is that i'm in pre-season so i can't be bothered having to go through all the friendlies and the different teams picked for each game so that everyone gets match practice.

Can't wait for sunday morning.

FM08 has to be the only game I have gone the furthest and BOY what a ride it has been for me! Check this out...screenie is 6 months old (in game time) and i'm well half way in my current season and might do the quadruple again this year!

Won 12 leagues in a row, numerous Champions Leagues...won 4 in a row lately, League Cup 8 or 9 times in a row, 4 European super cups in a row (only 3 are shown)...won again this season, Club Championships consecutively, only thing I have been a disappiontment in...is the FA Cup, list goes on...

Yet to play Club Championships this year.

Sir Alex would even be proud of my honours list!!!

13thvy0.jpg

By seals at 2008-10-05

thats pretty impressive!!!

Im still playing on and off with FM08... still with my original game at Sheff Utd... season 2012/13 im currently top of the premiership...

Championship winners

Fa Cup winners x1

Carling Cup winners x1

Uefa Cup winners x1

Best position 4th in premiership :)

Cant really get into it knowing that FM 09 demo is out in 3 and a half days!!!

I won all 10 qualifying matches going into the world cup. So my FM08 experince will end with me trying to win the world cup with England. After that tournament there will be no more FM08 for me. Fitting way for me to finish in my opinion lol.

Anyone else still playing FM08 or have you already given up lol.

That's what Fabio Capello is doing. (with his career)

So you've decided to end FM08 on a high? Nice way to go if you win the World Cup.

Congrats on all your trophies, even if it is with Man Utd :mad:

And as I'm from Northern Ireland, I hope you get stuffed in the World Cup Quarter-Final on penalties again :D

Anyway, I'm still playing FM08, and will until FM09 is released. I'm in the middle of a successful stint with Atletico Madrid, marching my way towards a second consecutive league title :thup:

Archived