PSP Issues (Right forum?)

I've had these problems for months now, unfortunatly, and what it is is that when you put a UMD in it just doesn't read it, doesn't tell you that, it just doesn't load, and then it starts to make an annoying little noise every few seconds, I'm taking it into GAME today to see what they think about it,

anything else I can do?

• SI Staff

Do other games work on your PSP or is it just FMH which has problems?

If its the first then its likely your UMD is damaged in some way (my son has managed to destroy a couple of mine, no idea how he managed to break the cases they're fairly solid). If this is the case then I'm afraid its not something I can really help with personally (as its not a problem with our software itself) - if the game is a recent purchase then the shop you bought it from might exchange it, but thats up to their policy and outside of my control again I'm afraid.

If its not reading any UMD disks then its likely there is a problem with the drive itself - you might find a solution for it here:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/f-131.html

Please be warned though that I have NOT looked through this list in detail or tried any of the solutions posted - do so at your own peril and please use common sense (ie. if they ask you to dunk the PSP in marmite please don't ;) ).

My psp had this problem, knackered laser which reads the UMD. Maybe from when i thrw it cos i lost on pens against Man utd in the Euro cup final

Yep, my second PSP has a knackered laser. I could play music on it, or mess around with settings but as soon as i tried to read a UMD, crrrghrtadnsfisbfjsfbjanfdoadbajndad. (<-- That is the exact sound made ;))

Well, it doesn't tell me anything, if I turn the PSP on with the UMD inside, it will just be the blank blue screen, and will not do anything, if I turn the PSP on, let it load and them put the UMD inside, it just acts like it's not there, I'm pretty sure it's a scratch somewhere in the place where you insert the discs, I've tried with every game I own, and unfortunatly it still doesn't work, I took it into game today and all they said was that they can't do anything but if I take it to Sony they will repair it but it will end up costing more than a brand new PSP, so I guess I'll just go and get a new PSP soon. :(

Archived