League Reputation Experiment

I have lowered the reputation to 2 and made the rep of the championship 20 as an experiment, I am also setting all the Premiership sides repuations as 100 and seeing what effect this has on the game. I am interested what anybody thinks may happen, I predict that all the premiership players will either move abroad or stay at their clubs and become unhappy. I also predict that any promoted sides may start to dominate the leagues as they will be able to attract better players

July 2007

So far, Ronaldo has moved to Inter Milan ( for a measly £5 million) and all premiership sides have started selling their good players. There have also been hundreds of transfers with many premiership players going to the championship such as paul robinson moving to watford on a free and john o'shea joining charlton also on a free. As well as the hundreds of transfers the England team is completely consisting of championship players such as darius henderson and james beattie, Liverpool are also surviving pretty well at the moment sadly :(

August 2007

Manchester United managed to win the Community Shield (2-1)despite having to field Cameron Stewart, Michael Lea and Richard Eckersley ( all got ratings of 5's and 6's) , however they still managed to rely on Tevez and Rooney for goals. The first four sets of premiership games have took place with Manchester United setting the pace and Arsenal struggling with 1 point in 4 games. It was also a bad month for Arsenal in the Champions League qualifiers as they were beaten 3-2 on aggregate against Debrecen and Liverpool were knocked out by Fenerbahce. Even more transfers have took place with bigger names choosing to move to the championship such as Joe Cole and Diouf moving to WBA and David Bentley moving to Stoke. In the Championship the early leaders are surprisingly Southampton with Agbonlahor their only player signed form the premiership.

September 2007

Capello was slammed by the press for including ryan shawcross, luke varney etc. however the england team has done surprisingly better than I had inticipated as they beat Israel 3-0 and beat Russia 2-0, during this Ishmael Miller has scored 3 goals in 3 appaerances for his country ( Maybe that's were Maclaren was going wrong :D) . Meanwhile, in the Premiership Liverpool and Man Utd are leading whilst Chelsea and Arsenal sit in 11th and 12 place, whilst Blackburn and Bolton complete the top 4. In the championship, Burnley obscurely are top despite no major signings and a few crap players such as Stephan Henchoz. Charlton are also still up there, as are Ipswich with their new additions of Dirk Kuyt, Downing, Pennant, Meite, Shorey, Derbyshire and Kevin Doyle.

October 2007

After a bad start Chelsea fell even further down the table and Arsenal also struggled to get thier season going. At the top Manchester United have started dominating as Liverpool were docked 9 points :D The whole table does not have a pattern to it and the big 4 are all very similar to the other teams as their players have all left except Man Utd who somehow managed to keep Rooney and Tevez, although Liverpool do still have Torres but Gerrard is at AC Milan. In the Championship all the teams are possible promotion candidates still with only 8 points between 2nd and 22nd. However the sides that have purchased a lot of Premiership talent are not nescessarily top of the pile.

November 2007

With a healthy slice of the season gone most of the premiership clubs are considered "rich" with the odd few such as Liverpool (due to me, so do not take that it would usually happen), Manchester United, Arsenal, Fulham and West Ham all struggling with either "Okay" or "Insecure" finances, or in Liverpools case "Bankrupt" with 9 points docked :D. The estimated values of the clubs have also significantly fallen, however majority of the Premiership clubs still have the higher values. In the premiership Sunderland are now fighting for top spot with Manchester United and Tottenham and their estimated value has rocketed up to £52 million which is 3th highest in England and 23rd highest in the world. With four months into the season there is still no evident grouping in the table with Arsenal struggling in 14th but Chelsea have now moved up to 8th. At the bottom of the table it is mostly still the usual teams battling it out for survival e.g Reading, Newcastle :), Derby, Wigan. But Bolton have managed to squeeze up to 6th and Birmingham have occupied a safe mid-table spot in 11th. In the championship it is still too tight to call with the most significant gap being Bristol City who are 3 points clear at the top, fairly surprisingly as they only have two premiership players, being Giles Barnes and Leroy Lita.

Archived