A little idea?

I was just thinking about when clubs get into financial trouble, maybe there should be more options for the player to try and get themselves out of financial trouble, Sure you can try and sell your players but if your in a poor league then it's not going to be easy to sell, and even releasing players costs you a bit of money most of the time.

So if your in a lot of trouble maybe the F.A should fine you and give you a certain amount of time to come up with money or your team gets deducted points, this would stop stupid buys and silly sales etc.

Other options could be on your players

I'm a Birmingham fan so let's say we get financial issues, I could then go to lets say James McFaddens profile and an option of 'Ask to take wage cut for 2 weeks - 3 weeks etc'

Or even the option to ask the player to 'Only have half of wages' or even none wages.

Yes this will upset the players, but it happens in real life and with some players it might work out, that would depend on the players loyalty.

Another option possibly, is kind of like the one above but this time because your in so much financial trouble you can go to 'Disipline Player' and then maybe an option saying 'Force Wage Loss' or something like that, this means that player loses that weeks wages, of course you will still owe it them and maybe an option in future after a Month you HAVE to pay the wages back, or again the FA could fine you.

Just some features I have thought might be interesting for FM10 or something like that, what you guys think?

I'm not a fan of the finance system in FM, mainly because we are held accountable for something we have no control over. IMO finances shouldn't be a factor in a managers job and are the responsibility of the board, that's why i'm against any further finance enhancements.

I was just thinking about when clubs get into financial trouble, maybe there should be more options for the player to try and get themselves out of financial trouble, Sure you can try and sell your players but if your in a poor league then it's not going to be easy to sell, and even releasing players costs you a bit of money most of the time.

So if your in a lot of trouble maybe the F.A should fine you and give you a certain amount of time to come up with money or your team gets deducted points, this would stop stupid buys and silly sales etc.

Other options could be on your players

I'm a Birmingham fan so let's say we get financial issues, I could then go to lets say James McFaddens profile and an option of 'Ask to take wage cut for 2 weeks - 3 weeks etc'

Or even the option to ask the player to 'Only have half of wages' or even none wages.

Yes this will upset the players, but it happens in real life and with some players it might work out, that would depend on the players loyalty.

Another option possibly, is kind of like the one above but this time because your in so much financial trouble you can go to 'Disipline Player' and then maybe an option saying 'Force Wage Loss' or something like that, this means that player loses that weeks wages, of course you will still owe it them and maybe an option in future after a Month you HAVE to pay the wages back, or again the FA could fine you.

Just some features I have thought might be interesting for FM10 or something like that, what you guys think?

I don't get the idea of the FA fining you? If you come up with the money, then yes it may help clubs learn not to be over zealous on transfers wages etc. But if you can't come up with it, you'll eventually hit administration anyway, and therefore be deducted points, so imo if i understand correctly it's already in the game.

The idea of wage cuts isn't a bad one in theory, however, i would presume many people would abuse it and do iteven when the club was not in terrible financial danger, so perhaps this option could only come into play when you go a certain amount into debt.

You raise a good point Ideaves, but the option could be in the game, BUT only visible to you when you are in financial trouble, there could be a default -money sum for this and then that option comes available to you, and maybe the maximum of 3-5 players your able to do it to.

Yet again, good in theory, but all the clubs, depending on their size, rep. etc. would all see different levels and amounts of debt worrying. It might have to be done on a % of debt compared to the clubs value, that could possibley work imo. But good work for bringing up this idea, just needs to be fine tuned i think. :)

Archived