Favorite National Team

The only cup success ive had with a national side was winning the african nations cup with nigeria. My favourite national side is obviously England, but ive only ever reached the quarter-finals of the world cup with them before being sacked :(

I've never managed an international team.

I would love to get the Scotland job but I want to earn it, and by "earn it" I mean starting off in a lowly league managing a lowly team <cut to a few years of success, or relative success> I then have the honour of being approached by the Scottish Football Association, asking me if I would fancy managing the country that I love.

Thus far I've heard SFA from the SFA. ;)

I've given hardly any time to the previous football manager games, so I'm not particular surprised by my lack of success, relatively or otherwise.

I've never managed an international team.

I would love to get the Scotland job but I want to earn it, and by "earn it" I mean starting off in a lowly league managing a lowly team <cut to a few years of success, or relative success> I then have the honour of being approached by the Scottish Football Association, asking me if I would fancy managing the country that I love.

Thus far I've heard SFA from the SFA. ;)

I've given hardly any time to the previous football manager games, so I'm not particular surprised by my lack of success, relatively or otherwise.

Same.

Never gotten the job.

Thought I had a good shot at it in 2016 when I had gotten AFC Wimbledon to EPL, Burley retires, i apply, Alan Irvine gets the job despite me having the better rep (he was unemployed though). He's been in the job 8 years now :( Hate how managers dont get sacked unless they make it to a tournament which they then do badly in or decide to resign after it.

Went years with Switzerland, got the offer and took it, nice to develop the youngsters that came through to. Good challenge to qualify for the Euros and World Cups, as they always seem on the cusp, but are pitted against big teams due to their seeding.

And Australia ofcourse, cos i'm an aussie :) And Aussie King above me....hate verbeek? The man is no dud! I like him :) Equally as good record as Hiddink lets not forget ;)

Went years with Switzerland, got the offer and took it, nice to develop the youngsters that came through to. Good challenge to qualify for the Euros and World Cups, as they always seem on the cusp, but are pitted against big teams due to their seeding.

And Australia ofcourse, cos i'm an aussie :) And Aussie King above me....hate verbeek? The man is no dud! I like him :) Equally as good record as Hiddink lets not forget ;)

I just don't like him, I'd rather someone else

I love managing Spain and Argentina. I'm currently managing Brazil and they play some absolutely amazing football, but their strikers and defenders don't suit any of my preferred tactics, so I play the other side off the park and win 2-1 usually, lol.

tried many nations but stopped being a national coach, because it was too frustrating, that my very very successful club tactics didn't seem to work with a team that I only get the odd game with ;)

Whats your favourite national team to manage? I quite enjoy Mexico because they have lots of young talent that make it enjoyable about 5 seasons

Is it possible to start with a national side??

Yes but it's a bit boring to do it this way IMO as you will end up managing only a national team which means 1 match or two per month and long periods without a game. If we could after, starting this way, apply for a vacant position at a club and end up managing both teams, it would be worth trying

Archived