Home /away strip

One of the things that has niggled me over the last couple of instalments of FM is the fact that when i play as Man City we never seem to wear our away or third strip , i understand that you have to wear them so many times in a season by premier league rules but in the game i'm lucky if i play in it once a season. Is their anything i can do to change that. I know it seems irrelevant but it really niggles me.

I read somewhere that premier league rules state that an away kit has to be worn a certain number of times in a season, think it was 6 but also no more than 8 or 9. deffo read it somewhere

never knew this rule existed, it is useless why on earth do they want teams to be forced to abandon their original colors (own personal opinion )

I read somewhere that premier league rules state that an away kit has to be worn a certain number of times in a season, think it was 6 but also no more than 8 or 9. deffo read it somewhere

I'm not sure about that. I can't recall any season where Newcastle has worn their away kit any more that 3 times. They didn't even wear it when they played Sunderland (who are red and white stripes)

That's actually just an urban legend.

No, the urban legend is that it's an urban legend. ;)

Eles: Preston were the first ever winners of the FA Cup iirc (or was it the League?). Reading are in the Royal County of Berkshire (hence the nickname). Pompey are allowed to for FA Cup matches, too.

I'm a Man City fan and they never play in their away kit or third kit on FM! It's really annoying. It's because the blue that is used on the team bar is too light to clash with any other blues in the EPL but too dark to clash with the white ones. It's rather annoying and does need fixing. Our kits this year are great and we need to use them on FM :)

To solve it, i edited the colour of the home kit to make it a bit darker in an unofficial database which solved it. We now play in our away (red and black for 08/09) but never the orange one.

No, the urban legend is that it's an urban legend. ;)

Eles: Preston were the first ever winners of the FA Cup iirc (or was it the League?). Reading are in the Royal County of Berkshire (hence the nickname). Pompey are allowed to for FA Cup matches, too.

so they have privileges to do that

Archived