User/Manager wages... does it matter??

hi, what's the point with the user (manager) having wages, fair enough i understand it as point of the "finances" etc etc, but does it affect gameplay, will managers who ask for higher wages be higher reputaton, or have more pressure from the board to do well than a lower paid.

if a club offered me 1k a week and i asked/accepted 1.5K a week, what'd it matter xept £500 less on my wage budget??

anyone know/bothered??

The higher the wages and longer your contract the more compensation would have to be paid by the board to sack you.

So your job would be safer somewhat.

This makes sense but is this actaully the case in the game??? i dont seem to think it affects anything, its prley a cosmetic part of the game that allows you to measure how successfl yo are, if you measure success by financial gain.

Like people have said above me, it's all about the higher the wages you get and the longer your contract is, the less chance you have of getting fired because it would cost the club a lot of money in compensation.

I'm pretty sure it's in. It works exactly the same for normal staff members so why wouldn't it for managers?

Aswell as job security - it also effects you getting job offers from other teams while you are not employed. IE the more your wages - the more the new club will have to pay in compensation, which is why (IMO) you don't get many job offers when employed.

The higher the wages and longer your contract the more compensation would have to be paid by the board to sack you.

So your job would be safer somewhat.

It can work the other way though.

Do too well, get paid too much, and they will simply not renew your contract.

I finished top 6 times and 2nd 4 times in 10 years at Arsenal. I was being paid around 300k a week. If i was on 30k a week i'm sure they would have renewed my contract.

It can work the other way though.

Do too well, get paid too much, and they will simply not renew your contract.

I finished top 6 times and 2nd 4 times in 10 years at Arsenal. I was being paid around 300k a week. If i was on 30k a week i'm sure they would have renewed my contract.

I was being paid £1.1 million a week by Utd. But then I had edited the game to the club a lot of money. Very successful and worth the salary though!

I always try and keep my wages as low as possible, so that I can have more money in my wage budget for players.

I dont even know if my wages comes from the same wage budget, I just assume that it does...

I know that that makes the most footballing sense, but I always go for maximum wage available simply because I role-play. IRL, you would usually go for the maximum wage possible especially at big clubs. I want to do a Mourinho where no player will be paid more than him.

Not really fussed with my wage tbh. Has no real bearing in the game so i pay little to no attention to it. If it was expanded on in future versions some how i would, but at the moment, it seems pointless for me, although it has to be in the contract for realism obviously, it's almost like the club throwing money out of the game.

Like i've said, i think there should be a better use for it, but buying things imo is just a boring, and un-needed novelty. Have no idea what, if anything could be put into the game for your wages; but i'd rather nothing than something trivial like buying a house, car etc. etc.

Archived