National Side

I don't usually start with a National team although I have done in the past a few times. My reputation depends on what sort of game I am going to be playing. I always start FM with an International footballer and go to Villa. I then do 2 career games running in tandem with 1 reputation being set as International footballer and the other set as Automatic.

Yeh I only manage nations as a side project too. Dont find it interesting enough by itself.

I tend to take over the country in which im playing in, so I can use homegrown players for my club side and stick them in the national team too.

i remember the OLD cm, where you had to enter your name as Glenn Hoddle to get England job, cheat!

i remember that, that was bizarre!

i won a few frendlies at the beginning of CM2 with England picking legendary players circa 90-94 still playing in lower leagues, possibly including giving Steve Bruce a cap for his country! :cool:

i feel that earning a national job is better. i made the mistake of setting my rep as automatic, which somehow got me the russia job, offered the england, cameroon, mexico & sweden job, and i'm currently the manager of argentina. i'm still stuck at espanyol despite being linked to juventus and milan (3 times over the years), so i don't understand how i've been with argentina so long but can't get a top european job.

Archived