Performance suggestion

I'm aware that suggestions are far too late to be included in FM09 and I apologise if this has been suggested before, but I was playing FM last night and came up with a suggestion.

Last night I started a save unemployed and after many unsuccessful applications I became manager of Lazio with around 10 games of the season left. Lazio had sacked their previous manager and were 18th in the league. I wouldn't say I worked wonders but I basically turned their fortunes around and finished 12th in the league and reached the final of the Italian Cup. Then, in the summer I resigned to start a new challenge. When I took the job the board expected me to finish in a "respectable position" but I think that if you resign from a club there should be some feedback (positive or negative) on how you've performed. I know sometimes your resignation can be followed by a message saying that your staff have walked out with you, but in the example above I would have liked a message thanking me for saving the club from relegation. This could also be the case if you fail to save a club or fail to meet an expectation before resigning. I also think the game should recognise your previous performances at different clubs as it seems that you can walk into almost any job regardless of who you've managed in the past. For example, I was praised for my experience before being offered the Lazio job, but it was my first job in the game. Also, in previous saves I've managed to get jobs at top European clubs despite being sacked or finishing below expectations in the past.

For some reason, even after I have been at a club for a long long long time and won crazy amount of trophies and am a fan favorite, if I resign, I get removed from favorite list right away. If I check then FMM, it says the club dislikes me "100". That is pretty unrealistic. I am not sure if the same happens if I change clubs though instead of resigning.

Yes i've had offers from big clubs when i have failed expectations at my current club. Makes me feel a little uneasy that such offers come so easy.

Happens all the time IRL as well plus other clubs won't know the expectations at your current club.

Archived